Windows & Azure engineer
Windows & Azure engineer (1.0 FTE)
At the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Information Management & Services
Where innovation starts
Wouldn’t it be great to work for the world champion of robot soccer, a place where we develop the health care robots that are going to change the way we work and live in the future? A place where we are researching and developing new ways of sustainable energy sources. Where fundamental research takes place on how to cure uncurable diseases. Or maybe the area of autonomous cars is what makes your heart beat faster. All of these, and many other, technologies and innovations need a solid ICT environment to work well. Sounds cool? Read on!
To expand our team of ICT professionals we are looking for several Windows & Azure engineers
The Windows & Azure engineer maintains our hybrid cloud environment which consists of an on-premise datacenter and a steadily growing cloud landscape mainly based on Azure and other SAAS providers. You are the expert in this environment and participate in campus wide projects to optimally support our research, development and students.
- Design, implement and administer Windows & Azure infrastructure for our campus
- On-Premise Windows server infrastructure (VMware Hypervisor)
- Azure infrastructure
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Microsoft System Center Products
- Orchestrate and automate infrastructure services (Cloud & on-prem hybrid) to enhance; efficiency and enable rapid deployment of services;
- System health monitoring using tools such as SCOM, Azure operations monitoring;
- Third line support and conduct root cause analysis, incidents & changes;
- Day to day operational tasks;
- Participate and collaborate with project teams to manage system interdependencies;
- Analyze technical issues, provide feedback to both internal organization and suppliers;
- Customer and supplier point of contact;
- Technical product owner of Windows and/or Azure components;
- Initiate, plan and execute technical lifecycle projects.
Profile we are looking for:
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude;
- Take initiative, be creative and flexible;
- Able to make decisions;
- Collaboration skills;
- Able to work independently and prioritize your own work;
- Customer focused;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Someone who thrives in a research environment.
What you need:
- Bachelor or higher educational level;
- Microsoft Windows/Azure certification;
- VMware certification or proven track record is considered an advantage;
- Experience in automation and provisioning, (e.g. PowerShell, Azure DevOps)
- Basic knowledge of networking & storage;
- ITIL experience on foundation level;
- Experience with Prince2 methodology is considered an advantage;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
- A challenging full-time appointment in a dynamic and ambitious university
- The position comes with a very attractive job package that features benefits including pension subsidence, ample vacation days (41) and a fixed end-of-year bonus (8,3%);
- A competitive monthly salary depending on knowledge and experience;
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical infrastructure, the possibility of child care and excellent sports facilities).
Informatie en sollicitatie
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the ‘apply now’-button.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.