The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Eindhoven is inviting applications for a university lecturer position in Algorithms.
Mathematics and Computer Science
The Algorithms, Geometry, and Applications (ALGA) cluster in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is seeking to expand its teaching capacity and is looking for a highly motivated university teacher in theoretical computer science. As a member of ALGA you will be part of a team dedicated to high-quality research and education: see our webpage
(https://alga.win.tue.nl/) for a brief overview of our current research topics and offered courses.
Your main tasks will be lecturing, teaching tutorials, assessing assignments and exams, supervising master projects, developing new courses, including online educational material. You will be involved in teaching courses in the area of theoretical computer science (data structures, algorithms, discrete structures, etc.). All courses at M&CS are taught in English.
You will spend 90% of your time teaching while 10% is available for research and administrative tasks. The position offers a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for teaching who also enjoy being part of a dynamic research environment.
Candidates should fulfil the following requirements:
- a PhD in computer science and preferably within theoretical computer science
- experience in teaching at the Bachelor and Master level, including supervision of Master’s projects
- hold or be willing to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch)
Successful candidates are also expected to demonstrate the following competences:
- broad general knowledge of computer science in general and algorithms in particular
- excellent teaching skills, as evidenced by teaching experience and good evaluations
- excellent command of English (written/verbal) at minimum C1 level
- familiarity with recent research trends in algorithms
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university. The opportunity to develop yourself (a.o. through obtaining UTQ (BKO in Dutch)), and to conduct research as a part of the Algorithms, Geometry, and Applications cluster.
- A permanent appointment after an initial 1-year trial period. The starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.
- A gross monthly salary of a Lecturer (UFO Lecturer 3 or 2) between € 3,807 and € 5,922 (based on a fulltime appointment), depending on experience and knowledge.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Feel free to contact
prof. Bettina Speckmann, b.speckmann[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
With your application please enclose:
- a cover letter describing the reasons for your interest in the position;
- a full academic curriculum vitae, including a list of publications;
- teaching statement (max two pages);
- a copy of your PhD certificate, a copy of your university teaching certificate (if available), and copies of teaching evaluations (if available);
- contact details of two or three references.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.