Information Management & Services
Are you an IT professional who wants to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn’t exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.
The BI Teamlead will manage a young and driven BI team, which is fully focused on developing, improving and managing the University’s BI environment. The teamlead will be appointed in the department of Information Management & Services of the Eindhoven University of Technology.
Our BI environment consists of a data warehouse, dashboards and reports showing historical trends as well as future prognoses. We use the Microsoft Azure stack to build star schemes, Python to apply data science for future prognoses, and PowerBI (DAX) to share reports and self-service solutions. The BI team consists of three dedicated BI developers and four information analysts who contribute half of their time in the BI team and the other half in the domain of education, research, HR and finance. The BI team works together with various key users within faculties and services to create and maintain the overall BI Portal of the TU/e.
What are your responsibilities?
- You coordinate the BI-team’s daily operations and the timely alignment of the required resources in the organization and you are responsible to complete the BI year planning given the BI-roadmap, resources, the technical feasibilities, and budget;
- You manage the relationship with the external datawarehouse administration organizations by resolving issues and evaluating the SLA;
- You are the product owner for cross-domain reports (i.e. integral prognosis model for education, HR, real estate and finance);
- The BI teamlead will report to the manager Business Information Management, this manager is responsible for the HR supervision of the team members.
- The minimum education requirement is a Bachelor degree with at least 5 years of experience in BI and data warehousing;
- You have hands-on experience in the whole process of designing and developing a BI environment: from gathering user requirements and translating them to a functional design, to the design of the appropriate star scheme and development of the report;
- Experience with working in a scrum/agile environment is a must, experience in an educational environment is a pré;
- You have excellent communication skills with a customer-focused attitude.
- An environment where you are encouraged to develop yourself in the field of BI and data science and share knowledge across Universities;
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth;
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depends on education and work experience;
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, extra holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December and 41 holidays per year.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Questions? Elly van den Eertwegh (Talent Attraction Consultant) will be happy to answer them, e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the ‘solliciteer nu’-button.
The selection of applicants and the job interviews will start immediately until we find enough suitable candidates.
Interim or agency? If we need you, we know where to find you.