Software Engineer Java Spring
Faculteit Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences
GameBus.eu offers a growing set of science-based health games that persuade people to perform the activities they enjoy truly as an individual. The unique selling point is that the games are social, by leveraging strong ties between families, friends and colleagues.
The scientific platform includes an API and apps for Android, iOS and web browsers. The technology was realized via investments of Eindhoven University of Technology and EIT Digital and already in 2015 it was used by third party apps from Telecom Italy and other international players. In 2019, the platform was further industrialized with integrations to a diabetes management suite of Engineering (Italy). Overall, GameBus is evolving into a platform for use in clinical settings as well.
We have an open vacancy for a software developer with back-end development experience (primarily Java Spring based). Front-end development experience is a plus but not a prerequisite.
Our roadmap for the upcoming half year includes the implementation of features such as:
- Smart push notifications: implementation of push notifications that are sent at the right time and suspending communications when appropriate. Tracking also user appreciation for a given notification regime.
- Realization of a novel type of game levels within the backend infrastructure.
On the slightly longer term, we are certifying our backend infrastructure to quality standards. That will strengthen the relevance of having a good test suite and API access control rules.
Regardless the specifics of the vacancies, we are recruiting colleagues with the following shared values:
- Pursue growth and learning: we are in the start-up scene. We are growing and we need people with the willingness to grow together with us. In such a setting, things move fast and quickly. No one knows everything. We need people that want to learn what they don’t know and share knowledge internally. You will have freedom to take decisions and implement new technologies. At the same time, you will be flexible to work outside original job descriptions.
- Be passionate, determined and persistent: we are looking for people who are passionate about what we do and with the determination to build something big. Be serious about our mission to make society healthier via digital prevention, while having fun!
- Be proud: use (y)our own technology in your daily life and take improvement suggestions back to the office such that we can tackle them together.
You will be part of the core development team of GameBus.eu, where your focus will be on developing new features and maturing our testing and release processes.
- Expert in Java Spring: clear portfolio of past projects involving OAuth2 access control configuration for multiple API clients
- Expert in Java Spring Junit and hands-on with Mockito. Smart selection of testcases for continuous integration
- Strong familiarity with MySQL (or equivalent) daily operations
- Eagerness to release frequently
Additional Bonus Points
- Convincing portfolio of side-projects/contributions on personal Github page
- Front-end skills: familiarity with Angular/Ionic/Typescript
- Architectural vision on GIT (e.g., with GitFlow), VMs and/or Docker and Continuous Integration systems (such as Jenkins)
- Contributed to systems that have been used in production, with a realistic yet privacy preserving DTAP (OTAP in Dutch) flow
- An exciting job in the group Information Systems of the Eindhoven University of Technology
- A fulltime temporary appointment for 1 year.
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.261,- and € 3.187 (on a fulltime basis), depending on experience and knowledge. The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
- A yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary;
- A yearly end year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary;
- Employment at TU/e via Euflex, our internal employment agency
Informatie en sollicitatie
More information on the GameBus project and this position may be obtained from Dr. Pieter van Gorp (p.m.e.v.gorp[at]tue.nl). Further information about employment conditions can be obtained from Susan Opgenoorth (pz.ieis[at]tue.nl).
You can apply by pressing the ‘apply now’ button for this vacancy.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position
- A detailed CV
- Names and contact information of two or more references
- combine all documents to 1 PDF with the maximum of 10MB
Selection will start as soon as possible. The vacancy will be closed when we have found a suitable candidate.
To apply please use the “apply now” button.
Please do not send us applications by e-mail.