Senior Privacy officer (with legal expertise)
Senior Privacy Officer (with legal expertise)
Data Management and Library
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Senior Privacy Officer, with legal knowledge and preferably affinity with research. As a Senior Privacy Officer, you are functionally coordinating the central Privacy Team. In addition to yourself, the team consists of Privacy Officers and Administrative Assistant. The hierarchical management of the entire privacy team, including this position, is the responsibility of a Management Team member.
Within this team, you are constantly looking for legal opportunities to enable our research and business operations in the GDPR compliant-manner. You are pragmatic, solution-oriented, flexible and able to work together with researchers and support staff at different levels within the organization.
In this role you will:
- Have an overall responsibility for the university-wide Privacy Program that defines, develops, maintains, and implements policies and processes enabling consistent and effective privacy practices, Establish, together with other relevant stakeholders, governance for the privacy program and collaboration / work processes with other teams,
- Initiate, develop, and implement necessary privacy policies,
- Ensure that all privacy policies, standards, procedures and templates are in place and up to date,
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster privacy awareness within the organization,
- Together with the CISO ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs,
- Coordinate activities of the Privacy Team,
- Coordinate the (design) process of the 1st and 2nd Privacy line support,
- Facilitate and stimulate collaboration between scientific and support departments and the central Privacy Support,
- Advise and provide support on complex issues involving financial interests and/or of a political sensitive nature,
- Manage handling of high impact data breaches with the support of privacy officers and administrative assistant,
- Supervise and train less experienced policy officers,
- And be a member of Data Governance Team.
- You get quickly to the essence of legal issues in complex situations and know how to provide clear and directly applicable solutions, support and advice. In doing so, you will always keep an eye on the political relationships within the organization and our external collaborating partners (including leading international technology companies and hospitals in the region).
We look for a legal expert with knowledge and senior experience in the field of privacy and (implementation of) the GDPR.
- You have completed a relevant legal degree at (preferably) university level and a privacy specialization, preferably a CIPP/E certification and knowledge of security measures e.g. ISO 27001,
- You have CIPM certification and understanding of Privacy Management,
- Knowledge of and experience with the operational processes within a research-intensive environment where a lot of privacy sensitive data is used in research and shared with internal and external partners, is a plus
- You are customer oriented and get energy from supporting and solving problems for both individuals and for the whole organization,
- You don't hesitate to take on a lot of responsibility, work and coordinate tasks on multiple subjects and activities simultaneously,
- You have good knowledge of the English language, both orally and in writing, as the formal language of communication within the university is English. You are sufficiently proficient in Dutch to independently interpret and apply Dutch professional literature and jurisprudence in practice.
You will initially be appointed for a one-year period. Appointment via Euflex (the TU/e secondment organization) may be considered. If performance is good, this appointment may be made permanent. Full-time gross salary, depending on knowledge and experience, will be a minimum of € 3.807,- and a maximum of € 5.211,- (salary scale 11 CAO NU) or a minimum of € 4.612,- and a maximum of € 5.922,- (salary scale 12 CAO NU). The year-end allowance is 8,3% of the annual salary (corresponding to a monthly salary). The holiday allowance is 8% of the annual salary.
In addition, TU/e offers excellent secondary conditions of employment (e.g. day care for children, a minimum of 41 days of leave based on a 40-hour working week and excellent sports facilities).
Informatie en sollicitatie
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via the “Apply for this job” button. The closing date for this vacancy is January 7, 2022. However the selection process will start immediately after receiving your application.
In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have preference over external candidates.
An assessment and/or reference check may be part of the application procedure.
For more information you can contact one of the consultants of Euflex: Marijella van der Klugt 06-48457550, firstname.lastname@example.org of Cécile Gijsbers 06-51164692 email@example.com