Scientific Programmer (2x)
Overig wetenschappelijk personeel
Faculteit Wiskunde & Informatica
The Security group (SEC) of the Eindhoven University of Technology has an opening for two scientific programmers. The main tasks are:
- Manage the group’s infrastructure, software and data collection;
- Current projects include the development of solutions for:
- security lab including a Security Operation Center and a Malware Analysis infrastructure
- automated evaluation of security events and other security and threat information
- authorization as a service
- network monitoring in different settings (ICS, IoT, etc.)
- supervise and take lead in development projects and actively maintain the existing code base, data collection infrastructure and data sets;
- Collaborating with other staff in the data analysis phase and co-authoring scientific work resulting from the data collection and analysis.
Multiple positions are opened, and tasks will be allocated based on the expertise of the candidates.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- an MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related field with above average results;
- a research oriented attitude;
- interest in computer security and formal methods;
- knowledge of Java;
- familiarity with Linux environment;
- some familiarity with MatLab or other data analysis environments (e.g. R, Stata);
- good communicative skills in English, both written and oral;
- ability to work in a team, cooperate with the industrial partners.
You are offered;
- a temporary contract for 1 year with the possibility of extension;
- depending on your educational background and experience the salary will be based on scale 10 or 11;
- annually 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, child care, moving expenses, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
Informatie en sollicitatie
- For more information about the project, please contact dr. L. Allodi and N. Zannone , e-mail: l.allodi[a]tue.nl, n.zannone[a]tue.nl
- For information about employment conditions please contact drs. Marjolein von Reth, HR advisor TU/e, e-mail: pzwin[a]tue.nl
The application should consist of the following parts:
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and key achievements in research project(s));
- copies of your diplomas together with the list of grades, and other relevant certificates;
- Contact information of two references;
- proof of English language skills (if applicable).
Please send us your application before July 31, 2019 by using the "apply now" button. Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Please note: a maximum of 5 documents of max 2 MB each can be uploaded. If necessary please combine documents. Applications via e-mail will not be considered.