The Project Officer is occupied with all kinds of activities related to acquisition of research funding and proposal/project development. As a project officer you support the researchers in finding interesting funding opportunities, developing their research ideas, coordinating with (inter-)national consortia and funding agencies and developing competitive project proposals. In this role you work closely together with Financial, Legal and HR colleagues, as well as with project officers and researchers from other departments as part of TU/e’s Centers, Institutes, Strategic Areas and the Research Support Network.
General job description
• Proactively supporting researchers in the acquisition of research projects;
• Matching opportunities to the expertise and research interests of researchers in the department by understanding the current and future developments in both the National and European funding landscape;
• Building and/or extending a network of internal and external stakeholders, supporting the development of and participating in project initiatives;
• Helping to build consortia, supporting proposal writing and applying persuasive writing to maximize proposal chances. Also keeping an eye on overall proposal quality;
• Supporting the administrative side of project development, including navigating the grant rules, setting up budgets, handling the submission processes and supporting contract negotiations (together with TU/e’s legal counsel) when grants get awarded.
We are looking for candidates with an education in Physics (at least MSc. but preferably a PhD level) and good communication skills in English. Also you have a goal-oriented, proactive and hands-on attitude and are not afraid of working under deadline pressure.
NOTE: It is not necessary that you feature all the mentioned experiences, qualities and competences to qualify for the vacant position. Also if you cover only a part of the professional field you might be a potential, suitable candidate with whom we would like to get in contact in order to investigate a possible, mutual match. The expertise that you bring is intended to form the basis from which the research support starts and can be expanded.
The role of project officer is a new position within the Applied Physics department. Resulting in a lot of room, freedom and opportunities to fill in and shape this role. And also with space for personal development and growth. You receive a one-year contract with the explicit intension of an extension or permanent contract after a positive evaluation of the first year.
The department offers a 0.8 -1.0 fte employment position with a gross monthly salary in the range of € 2.790,- and € 5.127,- (scale 10 or 11 CAO Dutch Universities) depending on your education and experience. Besides that an annual holiday allowance of 8%, an annual end-of-year bonus of 8,3%, a total of 41 paid holidays and a broad package of fringe benefits (including child care, an excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
Furthermore this position offers an academic working environment in the innovative Brainport region of The Netherlands with the opportunity to contribute to advancing the state of the art in what is possible in science and technology.
Simultaneously internal and external recruitment will take place and internal candidates will take precedence in case of equal suitability.
Information: Euflex, Cecile Gijsbers, firstname.lastname@example.org ++31651164692