Program Officer for division Dynamical Systems Design
Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Division Dynamical Systems Design is seeking for a Program Officer.
The division Dynamical Systems Design currently comprises of the sections Control Systems Technology and Dynamics &Control, and might be extended with new sections in the near future. The focus of the division is on the design, modelling, analysis, and control of high-tech systems with applications in the high-tech industry (printers, lithography machines, electron microscopes, etc), automated and cooperative driving, medical equipment, nuclear fusion, automotive drivetrains, robotics for care and cure, agriculture, etc. The division has strong ties with the Brainport region and far beyond. More than 25 (fte) professors on various levels work in the division together with around 80 PhD students and delivering 120 master students every year. Our projects range from fundamental theoretical studies to industrially applied research in the area of systems, dynamics and control. To support the acquisition of projects in this lively group and research domain we are seeking to hire a dynamic program officer.
As program officer you are expected to:
- Come to a strategy that will give direction to future efforts in the acquisition of funding.
- Identify funding opportunities for researchers. Acquire, together with scientific staff, external research funding from national and international funding bodies or industry.
- You analyze calls for projects, attend networking events, identify project opportunities, contribute to project proposals, manage proposal submission processes, and steer contract negotiations.
- Develop and manage project portfolio, including financial and budget management of the research programs.
- Participate in the management of research projects. You assist in monitoring project plans, manage budgets, report to the funding bodies, monitor financial and legal aspects, maintain project websites, and organize project meetings and events.
- Building and maintaining networks with (1) potential research partners/consortia, (2) funding institutions, (3) scientists within the faculty and (4) scientists within the TU/e.
- Participate in national and international meetings about research programmes.
We are looking for excellent candidates that meet the following requirements:
- Preferably an MSc or PhD degree in control/mechanical/electrical engineering or related disciplines with expertise in the area of systems, dynamics and control.
- If you have no technical background, than at least high affinity with scientific environment where research is key, High Tech systems and industry.
- Several years of comparable work experience, for example in industry, a consultancy firm for research applications, a research institute or university.
- A track record in defining and attracting research projects and funding, preferably in European funding schemes (H2020 , FP7, Artemis, etc.), or Dutch funding schemes (NWO, RVO) or industry.
- Experience and training in project and process management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), excellent networking skills, strong analytical skills, strong organizational and negotiation skills. Proficiency in Dutch and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player willing to work in a multidisciplinary multicultural environment.
- Well-organized, autonomous, flexible, service- and result oriented, deadline-driven.
We offer an exciting position in the DSD division of the department of Mechanical Engineering with an excellent reputation. Salary and benefits depend on experience and are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A full-time (1.0 fte) appointment that is initially temporary with the option to become permanent. The duration of the temporary appointment depends on your prior professional experience. Whether the appointment becomes permanent, depends on prior experience and your performance in the role of program manager.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious group and department.
- Plenty of room for personal development and growth.
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.709 - and € 4.978,- (on a full-time basis), depending on experience and knowledge (scale 11 CAO VSNU).
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary.
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A minimum of 41 holidays per year (excluding bank holidays, for a full-time employment of 40 hrs./week)
- Additional benefits, including excellent child care, excellent technical infrastructure, holiday savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
If you are interested in working in an exciting, dynamic, high-tech environment, where you will contribute to creating the society of the future, you can respond to this vacancy by clicking on the button "Solliciteer op deze vacature / Apply for this job" on this page. We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Upload an extended curriculum vitae and a well motivated application letter. If you do not have a technical background, please provide us with several successful reference projects. You can upload a maximum of 5 documents of up to 2MB each.
Information about the employment conditions can be found here.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact: Elly van den Eertwegh, Talent Attraction Consultant, e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl, +31 6 39186476