Postdoc quantum protocols QKD and Beyond.
Are you looking to help secure the world using quantum protocols?
Mathematics and Computer Science,
Applied Physics and Science Education
Instituten en overigen
Eindhoven Hendrik Casimir Institute
Quantum Delta NL has started a large national project in support of quantum technologies.
The Catalyst-2 (CAT2) subproject concentrates on the development of quantum key distribution and "Quantum Internet" applications.
The department of Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Eindhoven has one PhD vacancy and one postdoc vacancy for theoretical work in CAT2. The research will concentrate on
- theory related to the QKD testbed under development in Eindhoven.
- quantum cryptography beyond QKD, e.g. key recycling, unclonable encryption, unclonable credentials, quantum PUFs etc.
The project has good opportunities for collaboration with other departments at TU Eindhoven and with other Dutch universities.
We are looking for candidates with
- A PhD in cryptography, theoretical physics, or mathematics, and preferably a background in quantum cryptography or post-quantum cryptography.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 3 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact dr. Boris Skoric, email: b.skoric[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HR Services, email: HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.