Postdoc quantum protocols
Are you looking to help secure the world using quantum protocols?
Irène Curie Fellowship
Mathematics and Computer Science,
Applied Physics and Science Education
Instituten en overigen
Eindhoven Hendrik Casimir Institute
The TU Eindhoven is developing an open Quantum Key Distribution testbed and studying quantum cryptography beyond QKD, such as key recycling, quantum encryption, unclonable encryption, unclonable credentials, quantum PUFs and more. We can use your help to bring our research further.
The department of Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Eindhoven has a postdoc vacancy for theoretical work in the CAT2 project. The research will focus on:
- Theory related to the Quantum Communication testbed under development in Eindhoven.
- Quantum cryptography beyond QKD, e.g. key recycling, unclonable encryption, unclonable credentials, quantum PUFs and similar schemes.
The research takes place in the EIPSI institute, which is a collaboration between the Security group and the Coding and Cryptology group. Depending on the direction you take, your research may be utilized in the Quantum Communication testbed. The goal of this testbed is to enable academic institutions and companies to develop and test out new ideas and technologies in quantum communication. This will give you the chance of seeing a the real world impact of your ideas fast.
This role is part of a large, long term, well-funded national program on quantum technologies (Quantum Delta NL). One of the three development lines (Catalyst-2, or CAT2) is fully dedicated to Quantum Key Distribution, Communication and Quantum internet.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work with and interact with many experts in (post-)quantum cryptography, communication and computing, at TU/e as well as (inter)nationally.
We are looking for candidates with
- A PhD in cryptography, computer science, theoretical physics, or mathematics, and preferably a background in quantum cryptography or post-quantum cryptography.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis and publications.
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 3 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact dr. Boris Skoric, email: b.skoric[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HR Services, email: HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
We look forward to your application
We will screen your application as soon as possible and the vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.