Post-doc on DNA Nanotechnology for Vaccine Design
Do you want to use DNA nanotechnology to understand the underlying principles of vaccine design?
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is seeking a bright post-doctoral researcher to employ DNA nanotechnology to understand the biophysical principles behind antigen recognition by immune cells. Work in this area builds on expertise in the group on the positioning of proteins on DNA origami (Nat. Catal. 2019, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021). Work in this area is expected to result in rational design rules for the development of nano-vaccines. The successful candidate should be excited about applying nanotechnology solutions to uncover basic biophysical design principles that involve protein-protein recognition events. Post-doctoral research will be part of wider and exciting efforts currently spearheaded within the Synthetic Biology group led by prof. Tom de Greef.
We are accepting applications from enthusiastic and highly talented candidates who are interested in a dynamic, stimulating, and ambitious environment to perform their research.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following requirements:
- PhD in chemical biology, DNA nanotechnology, molecular biology or a comparable domain.
- Prior experience with recombinant protein expression and DNA nanotechnology.
- Prior experience with computer-based quantification/analysis tools (Matlab or similar).
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- A research-oriented attitude with an analytical mindset.
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for two years, with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after one year.
- The start date would ideally be 1 February 2022, but is slightly flexible.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called '30% facility', which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more ? Please contact
prof. Tom de Greef, Associate Professor, t.f.a.d.greef[at]tue.nl[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5409.
Additional information on the department you can find on Biomedical Engineering Department at TU/e.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Sascha Sanchez, HR advisor, s.j.m.g.sanchez.van.oort[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 7310.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of your PhD thesis if possible
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.