Postdoc on Active (shared) mobility
Are you interested in disseminating academic knowledge regarding promoting active mobility to cities around Europe? Are you eager to play a role in supporting European cities for reducing their footprint?
Irène Curie Fellowship
EIT Urban mobility is an European initiatives aiming at fostering innovation model of knowledge exchange and technology transfer. The main goal is to bring the innovation to market through close collaboration between governmental bodies, academia, industry and civil society. Two projects funded by EIT will be the focus of your work. In one project, a new mobility product, Hopper (a cargo shared E-bike) will be tested in 3 European cities, and TUe along with other European partners will assess its potential and benefit for each of testing areas. In the other project, potential of community support in escorting children to school and the impact on reduction of traffic and increase of safety around school areas will be investigated. The service will be tested and evaluated in 3 European cities.
- Motivated researcher, with deep knowledge of stated choice experiment and discrete choice models.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, reflected in demonstratable outputs.
- A team player who enjoys coaching PhD and Master's students and working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team.
- A proven ability to manage complex projects to completion on schedule.
- Excellent (written and verbal) proficiency in English, good communication and leadership skills.
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for 9 months.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities,
- A year-end bonus of 8,3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
We are Eindhoven University of Technology - YouTube
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact the hiring manager prof.dr. S. Rasouli, Full Professor, s.rasouli[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 4572.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact Jennifer Berkhout, HR Advisor, HRadviceBE[at]tue.nl
or +31 40 247 2215.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.