Post-Doc in super-resolution microscopy of RNA nanotechnology and delivery
Are you passionate about microscopy? We are searching for a young scientist who is interested to use super-resolution microscopy to study RNA nanostructures for the delivery of oligonucleotides to cells.
We have an opening in a multidisciplinary project combining advanced microscope and RNA delivery. You will use super-resolution microscopy to study RNA nanostructures for delivery of oligonucleotides to cells. The position is part of the European FET project DESTINATION of
dr. Lorenzo Albertazzi. DESTINATION brings together scientists from multiple fields to design novel RNA delivery carriers to target cancer and metabolic diseases. Your objective will be to use advanced methods such as STORM and PAINT super-resolution microscopy acquire new knowledge about RNA delivery carriers’ structure and interactions with cells. The project will benefit of international collaborations with groups active in the field of imaging, RNA nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, and drug/gene delivery.
- PhD in Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering, chemical biology or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Experience with super-resolution and single molecule imaging, DNA/RNA structures and cell imaging is an asset.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 3 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Lorenzo Albertazzi, l.albertazzi[at]tue.nl
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Sascha Sanchez, HR advisor, s.j.m.g.sanchez.van.oort[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 7310.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- A digital copy of your PhD thesis (if very large you can send a link to a repository)
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.