Postdoc In Novel high-performance polyurethanes
Unleash your potential in PU polymer research at TU/e. Join Prof. Željko Tomović's team, delve into aromatic isocyanate reactions, and shape the future of high-performance materials. Be part of pioneering, interdisciplinary research in a dynamic academic environment.
Irène Curie Fellowship
Chemical Engineering and Chemistry
Polyurethane (PU) is one of the most versatile polymers, that appears in an astonishing variety of forms and play a vital role in many industries. Although there are already many different PU materials available, further improvement of the properties as well as development of new functional PU materials will make it suitable to an increased number of applications. In this project, the focus of the research will be on the understanding of mechanism of aromatic isocyanate reactions which will allow further development of novel high performance PU materials, by guiding optimization of the catalysis and reaction conditions. The research activities will include understanding of performance profile of new materials and elucidation of structure property relationships by means of various chemical, structural, rheological and mechanical characterization techniques.
The PD research will be carried out under the supervision of Prof. Željko Tomović in the Polymer Performance Materials group in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at the TU/e, which is also the part of the interdisciplinary Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS), in which all polymer-related research groups at the TU/e participate. A description of the group can be found here: https://www.tue.nl/en/research/research-groups/polymer-performance-materials.
The TU/e offers academic education that is driven by fundamental and applied research. We combine scientific curiosity with a hands-on mentality. Our educational philosophy is based on personal attention and room for individual ambitions and talents. Our research meets the highest international standards of quality. We push the limits of science, which puts us at the forefront of rapidly emerging areas of research.
- We seek highly talented, motivated, and enthusiastic candidates with an PhD degree in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, or a related discipline.
- The successful candidate has a solid background in organic and polymer chemistry.
- Experience with the synthesis and characterization of organic molecules or polymers is essential.
- Analytical skills, initiative and creativity are highly desired.
- Excellent communication (oral and writing) skills in English (prerequisite).
- You are a naturally curious person, eager to learn more and with a strong interest in science and research.
- You should have a scientific attitude combined with a hands-on mentality and interest for application-oriented research.
- We prefer candidates with a good team spirit, who like to work in an internationally oriented, social environment.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, reflected in demonstratable outputs.
- A proven ability to manage complex projects to completion on schedule.
- We offer challenging jobs in a highly motivated international teams at a dynamic and ambitious university. You will work with innovative analytic equipment, and you will be part of a highly profiled multidisciplinary collaboration where expertise of a variety of disciplines comes together.
- A full-time employment for 24 months.
- The TU/e is located in one of the smartest regions of the world and part of the European technology hotspot ‘Brainport Eindhoven’; well-known because of many high-tech industries and start-ups. A place to be for talented scientists!
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact the hiring managers Prof. Željko Tomović (email z.tomovic[a]tue.nl).
Visit our website for more information about the application process.
For more information about conditions of employment, please contact Leo van Houten (email l.v.houten[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8269).
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
- List of BSc and MSc courses and grades.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.
You can upload a maximum of 5 documents of up to 2MB each. Only applications that are submitted in this way are taken into account.