Post-doc candidate: Biomass pyrolysis and product separation
Irène Curie Fellowship
Chemical Engineering and Chemistry
This project is part of the project Totally Nuts with 8 partners from both the public and the private sector.
Totally Nuts focuses on a number of specific parts, but ultimately covers the entire production chain that can be made from cashew nut shell residue. Thus, the pyrolysis process will be optimized for the effective production of cashew nut shell liquid. The cardanol in the CNSL is then purified and modified to make recyclable biobased thermosets.
The task of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is to optimize the pyrolysis process for the effective production of cashew nut shell liquid and biocarbon and the purification of cardanol from the CNSL.
In this project, the candidate needs to perform pyrolysis experiments and model the pyrolysis process. The post-doc will work closely together with academic and industrial project partners in the consortium.
The PD research will be carried out under the supervision of Prof. Martin van Sint Annaland in the research group Chemical Process Intensification in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at the TU/e. A description of the group can be found here: https://www.tue.nl/en/research/researchers/martin-van-sint-annaland.
- We are looking for a talented, motivated and enthusiastic researcher.
- Who holds a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- Who has skills in polymer pyrolysis and product characterization.
- The candidate is expected to stay abreast of the recent literature (publications and patents) in the field of pyrolysis, develop research ideas and valorized the research in the form of patents and research papers.
- Who likes to interact with academic and industrial partners.
- Who is result driven, inventive, creative, counts with potential impact, works ‘accountable’ and works with ownership.
- Masters scientific English for speaking, reading, and writing. Knowledge of Dutch is not required.
- We offer challenging jobs in a highly motivated team at a dynamic and ambitious university. You will work with innovative analytic equipment and you will be part of a highly profiled multidisciplinary collaboration where expertise of a variety of disciplines comes together.
- The TU/e is located in one of the smartest regions of the world en part of the European technology hotspot ‘Brainport Eindhoven’; well-known because of many high-tech industries and start-ups. A place to be for talented scientists!
- We offer a two-years contract.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10 (min. €3,877 max. €5,090).
- Besides this the TU/e has holiday- and end-of the year allowances, an excellent package of attractive benefits for employees and a modern sports complex.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
For more detailed information about this position, please contact Dr. Qian Zhou (q.zhou[at]tue.nl) and Prof. Martin van Sint Annaland (M.v.SintAnnaland[at]tue.nl).
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact Ms. P.J. van de Weijer (Sandra), HR-advisor (p.j.v.d.weijer[at]tue.nl).
More information about Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and the department of Chemical Engineering & Chemistry is available at www.tue.nl.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.