Eindhoven University of Technology
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is an internationally oriented research university, specialized in engineering, science & technology and is known for her great scientific impact and development of technological innovations. The TU/e focuses on complex, societal challenges and concentrates its education and research specifically on three Strategic Areas: Energy, Health and Smart Mobility.
Education and Student Affairs
The Education and Student Affairs (ESA) service aims to provide excellent services to teachers, students and administrators. ESA is the central service point for teachers and (prospective) students at Eindhoven University of Technology and provides services in the field of educational support, educational logistics, study skills, career guidance, use of ICT resources in education, professional skills and language education. In addition, ESA supports the Executive Board, the Deans of the Bachelor College and the Graduate School, as well as the faculties in the fields of education policy, legislation and regulations, quality assurance, training and institutional accreditation, educational innovation and internationalization. ESA has divided this support into four departments, namely the Central Student Administration (CSA), Teacher Support and Quality Assurance (TS&QA), Policy Advice and Projects (PA&P) and Student Facilities (SF).
Policy Advice and Projects
The policy officer Education/project leader will work for the Policy, Advice & Projects (PA&P) department. This department is primarily responsible for drawing up tactical and operational education policy and regulations, internationalization policy and the generation and interpretation of administrative information within the education domain. Experience and knowledge will be exchanged and collaborated within the policy chain that TU/e has set up in a broad sense. In addition, the department manages projects related to or resulting from education policy and its implementation and evaluation.
As policy officer/project leader, you will support senior policy officers in policy issues and tackle issues independently. In addition, you will be deployed on university-wide projects with an implementation character. These can be in the field of education policy, but also in the field of education logistics or at the interface of education and IT. You are a team player who is communicative in word and writing, result-oriented, customer-focused, investigative and connecting.
We are therefore looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Is in possession of at least a MSc degree in a field relevant to this position and wants to develop further in this field
- Has at least 3 years of relevant work experience (preferably at a higher education institution)
- has knowledge and experience in policy making
- Is analytical and can think in processes
- Has proven experience as a project leader
- Has the ability to deal flexibly and adequately with different interests in the organization. A sense of managerial relationships is important
- Identifies relevant internal and external developments, both at national and international level, and incorporates them into policy proposals and advice
- Is very proficient in both Dutch and English (C1 level) in terms of oral communication and has a concise and accessible writing style in both languages. Can also proactively coach and support others in this regard.
- Is able to share his own knowledge and thus professionalize colleagues
- Is venturous, connecting, result-oriented and able to work independently.
We are looking for a colleague who, within an informal, personal culture, wants to contribute to the development of high-quality, professional services. In doing so, we attach great importance to customer focus, learning ability and cooperation.
We offer a 0.8-1.0 FTE appointment for the position. Depending on age and experience, the salary will be a minimum of € 3,637.00 and a maximum of € 4,978.00 gross per month (salary scale 11, salary scale 10 as starting scale possible).
We offer a temporary appointment for a period of one year. If the performance is good and the financial conditions remain the same, the employment contract can be extended.
In addition, we offer an attractive secondary employment benefit package, including an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, a holiday allowance of 8%,excellent sports facilities, and 41 days paid annual holiday leave (with a fulltime contract)
Depending on your CV and work experience, it is possible to appoint you via EUFLEX (secondment office of the TU/e).
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dr. D.W.J. van der Schaft, head of the PA&P department, d.w.j.v.d.schaft[at]tue.nl
You can apply online until 19 December 2019 by uploading your motivation letter and CV using the button "apply directly/apply now".
The first interviews will be scheduled in the week of January 6 (7 or 10 January) and a possible second round of interviews will probably take place on January 16.