This project focuses on computational simulation based system optimization of a building integrated innovative thermochemical heat storage system. The objective of the PhD project is to use and expand building energy models and simulation methods for performance optimization under uncertainty in view of product development and design support.
This project is part of a larger project in which the other participants will focus of the thermochemical materials, the thermochemical heat storage system itself and a pilot implementation. The project will be carried out in collaboration with TNO, University of Twente, several industrial partners and Eindhoven Municipality.
The research will be embedded in the Building Performance Simulation group of the unit Building Physics & Services (BPS) in the Department of the Built Environment. Research and teaching in BPS aim to realize and maintain a sustainable, healthy, comfortable and productive indoor environment. The focus lies on physical aspects and processes including heat and mass transfer in the indoor and outdoor built environment, indoor air quality, lighting, acoustics, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning.
We are looking for excellent and highly motivated candidates with an MSc degree in Building Physics, Engineering Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent. Interest in physical processes (heat, air and moisture transfer) in the built environment, sustainable energy technologies and experience in computational building performance simulation is essential.
We offer a stimulating and ambitious research environment. To complement this environment and for the specific projects mentioned above, we are looking for outstanding candidates that meet the following requirements:
- You are highly motivated, talented and enthusiastic
- You have a relevant MSc degree as indicated above.
- You have an independent and well-structured working style
- You are interested in guiding master student
- You have strong communication skills and the attitude to participate successfully in a multidisciplinary team
- You have a very good knowledge of the English language, both in speaking and writing.
Conditions of employment
• A challenging job at a dynamic and ambitious university, in collaboration with experienced scientists and hi-tech companies.
• Support to your personal development and career planning.
• A full-time employment for 4 years. Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), increasing from € 2325 per month initially, to € 2972 in the fourth year.
• An attractive package of fringe benefits including excellent work facilities, end of the year allowance, etc. The university provides all general modern facilities belonging to first class universities: mediation in housing, excellent sports facilities, language courses, modern digital library etc.
Information and application
If you have questions about the content of this position, please contact Prof.dr.ir. Jan Hensen, e-mail: j.hensen[at]tue.nl.
Information about the employment conditions can be found here: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/why-tue/compensation-and-benefits/
You can respond to this vacancy via our application page www.tue.nl/jobs by clicking on the button "Solliciteer op deze vacature / Apply for this job". We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
You can upload a maximum of 5 documents of up to 10 MB each. Please upload (in pdf format):
∙ Cover letter (2 page max), which includes a motivation of your interest and an explanation of why you meet the job requirements (see above).
∙ Detailed Curriculum vitae,
∙ Copy (or a most recent draft version) of your MSc thesis,
∙ Transcripts of academic records indicating courses taken, including grades,
∙ Contact details of two references (e-mail, phone number).