PhD position: Real-time biomolecular sensing for closed-loop process control
Researchers at Eindhoven University of Technology are developing a new technology for continuous biomolecular sensing, called Biosensing by Particle Mobility (BPM). The technology is based on particles attached to a sensing surface that change their mobility by the binding of analyte molecules.
Recent publications of our research work are:
The Molecular Biosensing group (MBx, see www.tue.nl/mbx) at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) studies molecular biosensing technologies with single-molecule resolution. The research leads to novel methods for molecular biosensing, insights into protein function within complex fluids, and novel routes into rapid testing and monitoring applications. The MBx group initiated and organizes the international competition on Sensors for Health (www.sensus.org). Laboratories are shared with the Chemical Biology research group (www.tue.nl/cb) and the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (www.tue.nl/icms).
- We are looking for talented PhD candidates who are interested to develop the new biosensor technology for applications in biological processes and healthcare. The PhD project will focus on biomolecular architectures, signal processing, microfluidic sample handling, complex biological samples, precision, calibration, closed-loop process control, etc.
- Candidates should have a background in engineering and/or analytical sciences, e.g. chemical engineering, biophysical engineering sciences, biomedical engineering, analytical chemistry.
- The project will be performed in collaboration with Helia Biomonitoring and is part of the Safe-N-Medtech European project (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/814607).
- A challenging job at a dynamic and ambitious University and in an enthusiastic team.
- An appointment (1 fte) as a PhD-student for four years, starting date: flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.
- Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), increasing from € 2.325 per month initially, to € 2.972 in the fourth year.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, end of the year allowance and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Information and application
More information can be obtained from Prof. M.W.J. Prins, Eindhoven University of Technology, phone +31 40 2474018, m.w.j.prins[a]tue.nl.
If you are interested in a PhD position and would like to apply, we request you to use the button "solliciteer nu".
Your application can be addressed to prof. M.W.J. Prins. Applications must include all of the following:
- a personal motivation letter
- a Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of at least two references
- lists of courses and grades of your BSc and MSc degrees, as originals and as transcripts
- your final BSc thesis and your final MSc thesis (if available).
Only complete applications will be considered. Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.