PhD in photonics
Are you fascinated by the science and applications of light? Do you want to contribute to next-generation photonic technologies or push the limits of our fundamental understanding of light and matter at the nanoscale? Then a PhD in Eindhoven is the next step in your career.
At the TU/e Institute for Photonic Integration we study new ways to control light at the smallest scales and create photonic chips which enable communication and sensing beyond the present limits. The integrated photonics technology we are pioneering will improve our daily life in the years to come. By joining our community of >100 photonics researchers as a PhD student, you will play a key role in defining the future, within a young and motivated team.
We are searching for ambitious PhD students to join one of the available research projects. If you are looking for a PhD position in photonics in 2021, we invite you to submit an application! After a first preselection, the application materials of most promising candidates will be made available to principal investigators who have an open position, and you will be contacted if there is a match. All applicants will be informed about the status of their application as soon as possible, but at the latest in June 2021.
- We encourage applications from candidates with a Master degree in physics or electrical engineering (or an equivalent university degree) with high marks and with a background and interest in optics or photonics.
- Candidates must prove a strong attitude towards experimental research and the drive and capacity to tackle different aspects of a complex problem with large independence.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation after one year.
- To support you during your PhD and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will have free access to a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program).
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HRServices.flux[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'solliciteer nu'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including academic qualifications, research experience and the contact information of two references.
- Half- to one-page summary of your Master project.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.