PhD candidate position Diagnostics on plasma for medicine
Irène Curie Fellowship
Applied Physics and Science Education
As a part of a MSCA Doctoral Network, the project PlasmACT addresses the problem of Actinic Keratosis by non-thermal atmospheric pressure plasma. The partners in the project are from the field of plasma physics, biochemistry and medicine.
This project will focus on the diagnostics of the plasma in interaction with targets relevant for the PlasmACT. One of the goals is to measure electric fields as close as possible to the target. However, other diagnostics will be employed to gather supporting data.
Your key responsibilities:
- Development and usage of several spectroscopy setups.
- Detailed analysis of the spectroscopic results.
- Supervision of master and bachelor students within the project.
- Close interaction with other teams in the project, especially on the engineering of the plasma source.
- Publication of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and in conferences. We are aiming for at least 3 articles before the PhD thesis is written.
- You successfully completed higher education studies: Master of Science degree or Diploma in Physics.
- You have practical experience in plasma physics research.
- Fluent in English, both in written and oral form.
- Able to write scientific texts in a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability for independent work as well as teamwork.
What we offer:
- A creative working environment.
- State-of-the-art technical facilities.
- Opportunities for professional development (project management, writing skills, presentation skills etc).
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences.
- In-house Dutch course.
Informatie en sollicitatie
The application template for this PhD position can be found here: https://plasmact.eu.
The application should be sent by email to email@example.com.
In case of questions contact
Dr. Ana Sobota (a.sobota[at]tue.nl).
We are looking forward to your application.