Operational Security Officer
Are you a Security professional who wants to rise above yourself, in your profession and as a person?
Do you want to be challenged every day and you want to secure the things that still need to be invented?
Sign up with us at the Tue!
Information Management and Services
At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn’t exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.
Information security is a high-priority topic. Our research (and other) data is as open as possible and protected where it needs to be confidential. Where the accountability lies with the management of the university, and each individual (student or staff) has their own role. Our Operational Security Team (OST) has advisory, mitigating and auditing responsibilities. This team translates, our security guidelines to tactical and operational activities but is also responsible for analyses and emergency response.
Are you driven by taking ownership and do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? Read on!
The operational security officer we are looking for is able to apply information security in all ICT domains, for example applications (including cloud-based applications), management systems, databases, networks, servers, websites, etc. Our new colleague is therefore a generic, but senior, specialist in the area of information security (people, process & technology) rather than within one specific domain.
Who are you?
- You identify threats in good time and anticipating and contributing to the mitigation or prevention of threats and therefore make the ICT department more security aware;
- Hands on security, which includes building, monitoring, implementing, evaluating security measures and advising on policy and best practices. Drawing up the security section in the Project Start Architectures;
- Formulating and maintaining security processes and procedures and compile security reports for management;
- Penetration testing and vulnerability scanning;
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, in the field of security and pass on this knowledge;
- Excellent analytical skills and someone who thrives in a research environment;
- Minimum 3 years of experience and a Bachelor degree
- You are familiar with ISO27001, Prince2 and AVG / GDPR / Cloud Act;
- You are CISM, CISSP or SSCP certified;
- You are a team player, who likes to collaborate with your 4 colleagues;
- Ethical hacker experience is considered an advantage.
What we offer:
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth;
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depending on education and work experience, with a minimum of €2.846,- maximum of € 5.943,--
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, extra holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December and 41 holidays per year;
- Flexible work location, from home and at the academic office.
Informatie en sollicitatie
For more information about this vacancy, please contact our internal recruiter: Cyndi Geurts, email c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 6346.
For information about terms of employment, click here. Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the ‘apply now’-button.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. The selection of applicants and the job interviews will start immediately until we find enough suitable candidates.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.