Full Professor (1,0 fte) in Business Intelligence
Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences
Are you an expert in data-driven optimization, and intelligent decision support through methods of Artificial Intelligence? Do techniques like Neural Networks, Reinforcement Learning or Swarm Intelligence keep you working enthusiastically? We are looking for a Full Professor in Business Intelligence with a focus on those topics.
As Full Professor in Business Intelligence your main challenge is to develop novel Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods and techniques that can be used in practice to optimize operational business processes. This includes healthcare processes, (high-tech) production processes, and logistics and transportation processes, where your can help to better serve patients, customers, or employees by supporting them effectively with Artificial Intelligence.
As a successful candidate, you will collaborate with other experts in the Information Systems group and in the department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences. In that way you will benefit from collaboration with experts in areas such as, of course, Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence, but also Business Process Management, Business Engineering, and Operations Research.
You will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research; teach and co-develop courses in Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering; gather, initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; supervise Ph.D. students, contribute to the management of the group and the department, and promote and supervise early-career scientists.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as computer science, artificial intelligence, or information systems;
- You have a proven track record of publications in international journals and conference proceedings of high quality;
- You have a strong scientific network, proven by joint collaborations, projects, and publications;
- You have a proven track record in obtaining research grants;
- You have experience in management of professionals;
- You are a good lecturer, shown for instance by experience in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts;
- You have excellent communication, organization and leadership skills. Excellent mastering of the English language is required;
- You are creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Remco Dijkman, hiring manager, r.m.dijkman[at]tue.nl. For information about terms of employment, please contact S.G.J.Opgenoorth[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 4465 Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.