Education development officer/teacher support officer
Faculteit Scheikundige Technologie
Education and Student Affairs
The department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry is seeking for an education developer/teacher support officer. In this position you will be in charge of offering support to the program director and lecturers in translating the newly adopted TU/e vision on education towards 2030 into the degree programs and subsequence courses. This position is part of the Education and Student Affairs team of the department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry. This team is responsible for the entire organization of the education at the department, ensuring a well-coordinated curriculum, study schedule, evaluation and improvement of courses, organization and coordination of education, student advice and outreach.
As an education development officer you will develop and advise on education policy and support its implementation and application in the department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry. Here for we are looking for an academic who holds a university degree in science, preferably combined with a certificate in education science (for example teacher qualification), or willing to professionalize in the field of education science. Affinity with the field of chemistry or chemical engineering is a plus. The tasks and responsibilities for this function include:
- Contribute to the implementation of the TU/e vision on education towards 2030 at the departmental level;
- Apply (international) higher education trends on chemical engineering didactics, tools and systems to inspire and support teachers and program director;
- Pro-actively inspire teaching staff to innovate education at the department;
- Advice and manage expectations for all educational projects and requests by teaching staff;
- Pro-actively organize lunch meetings, workshops and demos to disseminate best practices within the department;
- Participate and co-organize working meetings within the institutional chain Teacher Support to foster professionalization and exchange of ideas;
- Monitor and evaluate innovation projects at the department.
- has the drive to improve and innovate education;
- is able to disseminate knowledge within and outside the department;
- has a sense of organization and administrative decision-making processes;
- has the competence to adequately handle different interests in the organization;
- is resourceful and able to build bridges;
- is able to work independently as well as within the team;
- is able to manage projects.
- a meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious department
- a part-time (0,4 fte) employment that is initially temporary (1 year) with the option to become permanent;
- a gross monthly salary between € 2.790 – and € 5.826 – (on full-time bases), depending on experience and knowledge, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities;
- annual holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary;
- end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- 41 holidays per year (excluding bank holidays, for a full-time employment of
- plenty of room for personal development and growth;
- additional benefits, including excellent child care, excellent technical infrastructure, holiday savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact Ouafae El Fahmi, Manager Education and Student Affairs, o.elfahmi[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 2489.
For information about terms of employment, please click here or contact
Leo van Houten, HR Advisor, l.v.houten[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8269.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'sollciteer nu'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position;
- Curriculum vitae.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.