Data Manager Materials-Driven Regeneration Gravitation Program
The Materials-Driven Regeneration (MDR) Gravitation program has the following vacancy at the Eindhoven University of Technology / University Medical Center Utrecht / Hubrecht Institute / Maastricht University
Overig wetenschappelijk personeel
Faculteit Biomedische Technologie
The Research Center for Materials-Driven Regeneration (MDR) is a partnership between Eindhoven University of Technology, Maastricht University and Utrecht University, University Medical Center Utrecht and the Hubrecht Institute. This consortium was brought together to advance tissue and organ regeneration approaches with the use of instructive biomaterials. The MDR Research Center was awarded a 18.8 M€ grant in May 2017 by the ministry of education, culture and science of The Netherlands in the framework of the Gravitation program.
The interdisciplinary team of researchers within the MDR consortium aims to focus on the research and development of new, intelligent materials that stimulate the regeneration of damaged or diseased tissues and organs. Three research flagships are defined according to hierarchical levels of increasing length scale and structural complexity.
In order to strengthen our research center, we are looking forward to meet highly motivated and talented people that would like to contribute in the interesting yet complex multidisciplinary area of Materials-Driven Regeneration.
About the position
Responsibilities of a data steward in an academic research environment
- Consider the various ways data sets are created, collected, analysed, visualized and stored in the different disciplines
- Define a data architecture that brings out the best of the collective data sets (or investigate how we can) and is attractive for MDR scientists to use and improve, and that provides handles to faithfully and robustly answer some of the scientific questions of the consortium
- Showcase the added value and power (if any) of data science in this multidisciplinary arena to the scientific community
- Consider/discuss/investigate/question the ethical aspects, the legal aspects, and the intellectual ownership of a complex data set owned by many scientists, across disciplines and universities
- Deal with the logistics (location, costs, access routes, etc) of the MDR data sets
- Develop principles for storing raw data
- Develop guidelines for reproducible data analysis
- Enable and promote the archiving, storage and managing of research data according to academic FAIR (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, and Reusability) principles
- Couple data architecture and enabled FAIR principles to the broader university infrastructure applicable for the full BME department
- University degree with proven experience in handling scientific data and dealing with large data bases
- Affinity with biomedical scientific research
- Strong analytical skills
- Broad interest in IT and ICT processes
- Affinity with security, storage and networks
- Detail-oriented and able to assess complex research protocols and datasets
- Good organization skills and a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Independent, self-directing and excellent communication skills
- Good command of the English language
- Willing to commute between the MDR institutes on a regular basis
We offer you
- A challenging job within a dynamic and very ambitious program
- A fulltime appointment at one of our core institutes
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including end-of-year bonus (8.3% in December), an extra holiday allowance (8% in May), moving expenses and excellent sports facilities
Informatie en sollicitatie
If you would like to apply, please send us your application, which includes: a one-page personal motivation letter, a CV including the names and contact details of two recent references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.