Business Intelligence Expert
Information Management & Services
Are you an IT professional who wants to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn’t exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.
The BI expert will work within a young and driven BI team, which is fully focused on developing, improving and managing the University’s BI environment.
Our BI environment consists of a data warehouse, dashboards and reports showing historical trends as well as future prognoses. We use the Microsoft Azure stack to build star schemes, Python to apply data science for future prognoses, and PowerBI (DAX) to share reports and self-service solutions. Within our BI team you work together with other BI developers (with a focus on back-end or front-end), information analysts and various key users within faculties and services.
- You contribute to the whole process of designing and developing the University’s BI environment: from gathering user requirements and translating them to a functional design, to the design of the appropriate star scheme and development of the report;
- You implement new or modified functionality incl. testing, training and education of end-users;
- You prepare and maintain documentation, such as user manuals, definition book and test scenarios;
- Minimum education requirement is a Bachelor degree with at least 3 years of experience in datawarehousing; developing a datamart and maintenance of the ETL process;
- Experience with SQL is a must, experience with Datascience, data visualizations and statistics is a pré;
- Proven hands-on experience in translating user needs to a BI solution;
- Good communication skills with a customer-focused attitude.
- An environment where you are encouraged to develop yourself in the field of BI and data science and share knowledge across Universities;
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth;
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depending on education and work experience, salary scale 10 with a minimum €2.709,= and maximum of scale 11 €4.978,= (CAO-NU);
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, extra holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December and 41 holidays per year.
Informatie en sollicitatie
For more information about this vacancy, please contact: Elly van den Eertwegh, Talent Attraction Consultant, e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl or +31 639186476.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the ‘solliciteer op deze vacature’-button.
The selection of applicants and the job interviews will start immediately until we find enough suitable candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.