Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Operations Management
The Department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor (1 fte) in Operations Management. This vacancy is part of the Irčne Curie Fellowship, and is only open for female candidates in the first six months of recruitment.
Irčne Curie Fellowship
Faculteit Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences
Operations Planning, Accounting & Control group
The open position is at the Operations Planning, Accounting & Control group.
OPAC currently consists of 4 full professors, 4 associate professors, 15 assistant professors, 8 postdoctoral fellows, and 20 PhD students. The faculty teaches and conducts research in the area of operations planning and control in manufacturing, services, logistics and supply chains. Research is generally quantitative in nature, while many of the researchers also engage in empirical research.
The OPAC group is responsible within the university for all teaching in the areas of operations management, transportation, manufacturing operations, reliability and maintenance, and accounting and finance, both at undergraduate and graduate level.
The OPAC group has an extensive industrial network, which gives direct access to challenging operations management problems, new technologies, and empirical data. This network is furthermore leveraged to acquire PhD funding and personal grants that enable to scale up research efforts.
Description of the position
For this position, we are open to any relevant research area in Manufacturing Operations Management that is rigorous and relevant to industry. Currently the OPAC group is conducting research in the area of semi-conductor industry, bio-manufacturing and industry 4.0, involving modeling, design, planning and control of manufacturing, artificial intelligence, maintenance and logistic operations. The group is therefore looking for candidates whose research background and interests match with this broad manufacturing research area.
The selected assistant professors perform active research on Operations Management, collaborate with current faculty and postdocs, take part in and acquire funded research projects, and publish on their research in academic journals.
Each assistant professor teaches 2-3 courses per year in the undergraduate, master, and/or PhD programs, and supervises BSc and MSc students on their thesis work.
- Participate in, development of, and acquisition of funding for research projects.
- Supervise PhD, MSc and BSc students in their projects.
- Conduct autonomous teaching at the BSc and MSc levels.
- Participate in teaching at the PhD level.
- Possibly contribute to the management of the OPAC group.
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics or a comparable domain.
- Demonstrable ability to conduct academic research of high quality on relevant problems, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publications.
- Demonstrable ability to teach, shown for instance by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is not a Dutch language requirement.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of 5 years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 4 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal;
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career;
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.637 and € 4.978, based on a full-time appointment and depending on experience and knowledge. The salary is in accordance with scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (cao NU);
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment;
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes);
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
More information about the OPAC group can be found at the OPAC website. More information about these positions should be addressed to: Professor Ton de Kok, phone +31 40 2473849, e-mail: a.g.d.kok[at]tue.nl.
Information about terms of employment can be obtained from Ms. S.G.J. Opgenoorth, HR advisor (pz.ieis[at]tue.nl). Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology can be found at www.tue.nl.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups. If no female candidate is found in the first six months of recruitment, this vacancy will be re-opened as a generic vacancy.
If you are interested, we invite you to apply as soon as possible. Selection will begin immediately and continue until the positions have been filled.
Your application must contain the following documents (all in English):
- Cover letter (2 page max.), where you motivate your interest in this vacancy and explicitly explain in which ways you represent a good match;
- An extensive curriculum vitae including a publication list and teaching evaluations (if any);
- A teaching statement;
- A research statement;
- Copies of relevant (working) papers
- Name and contact information of two references
- If your degree is not from an English-spoken program, a proof of proficiency in English needs to be included in your package (such as IELTS or TOEFL).
Note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply please use the apply now" button. Please note that a maximum of 5 documents of 2 Mb each can be uploaded, so if you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them. Please do not send us applications by e-mail.