Assistant Professor in Data Security
The Security group of the Department of Computer Science at TU Eindhoven is looking for a new faculty member to expand its scientific staff.
Faculteit Wiskunde & Informatica
Instituten en overigen
EAISI - Eindhoven Artificial Intelligence Systems Institute
The Security group at TU Eindhoven.
TU Eindhoven (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands. The Security group is part of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS), which is one of the largest departments of the TU/e with over 100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, and about 1100 bachelor students and 600 master students. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, offering high-quality educational programs, and maintaining strong ties with industry, the Security group aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region. Its research focus spans from security deployment and management, to physical security and attack engineering.
We welcome applications in the domain of Data security & privacy and related research areas.
We are looking for an excellent candidate that add value to the Security group and match the following profile:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or other fields closely related to computer security.
- Excellent scientific achievements in the field mentioned above, documented by internationally recognized publications, organized workshops and/or conferences, and research projects.
- Excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability and ambition to develop an internationally recognized and independent academic position.
- Experience with acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry.
- Good communicative, collaboration, and didactic skills.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor;
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Under some conditions, female candidates are eligible for the Irène Curie Fellowship.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
More information can be obtained from the links: http://www.tue.nl/ and https://www.tue.nl/en/research/research-groups/security-wi/
For further information on this vacancy you can contact
dr. N. Zannone, e-mail n.zannone[at]tue.nl or dr. L. Allodi, e-mail l.allodi[at]tue.nl
For information concerning employment conditions click here or contact
E. van den Eertwegh, Recruiter, e-mail e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl.
If you are interested in this position, you can only use the 'Solliciteer nu'-button on this page.
Your application must contain the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed CV
- A detailed list of publications and achievements
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- The contact information of two referees
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups.