Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Quantum Photonics
At Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we believe diversity broadens our research scope and enhances the quality of our education. Our Irène Curie fellowship program is aimed to advance talented female researchers to thrive and be successful in top positions in science. The program addresses the aspirations and needs of women in industry, academia, and research institutes to support their ambition to become a Professor at our European top research university.
The Applied Physics department at Eindhoven University of Technology invites applications for an open rank faculty position (assistant, associate or full professor). We are looking for candidates with a focus on materials science in the fields of integrated photonics and/or quantum technologies. Research topics could include (but are not limited to): development of new quantum emitters/detectors, exploring new quantum optical phenomena, development of quantum photonic devices, connecting distant qubits by photonics.
This position will be affiliated with our recently established institute, in which our expertise areas of integrated photonics and quantum technologies are coming together. The research lines of the institute are aligned along three grand challenges and connect a number of departments in an interdisciplinary way. The institute comprises an enthusiastic, and young group of researchers who share a passion for working with students. The Institute is strongly embedded in (inter)national academic and industrial research networks, and has access to state-of-the-art cleanroom facilities for semiconductor growth, device fabrication and characterization techniques.
- Depending on your seniority you could be appointed as assistant, associate or, full professor.
- You will be responsible for driving your own creative, independent research program, generating funding, supervising/coaching students at the bachelor/master/PhD level.
- You will be teaching at the bachelor and master level in the Applied Physics department.
- You are expected to contribute to the success of the institute by initiating new internal and external collaborations and proactive participation.
- Motivated, creative researcher, with a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or related field and at least 2 years of experience as researcher
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis and publications in high impact journals.
- Ability to teach or, assist in the teaching process, shown by experience as well as positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or, industry is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is liking as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Cyndi Geurts, Recruiter, c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.