Assessment System Expert (0,8 – 1,0 FTE)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Library and Information Services
Are you an IT professional who wants to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn’t exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.
The Eindhoven University of technology (TU/e) is an internationally oriented university, specialized in engineering, science and technology. We are known for our big scientific impact and development of technological innovations. If you join Eindhoven University of Technology, you step onto the campus of a small university with a big impact in the smartest region of the world. A university where we work together on innovative ICT and education projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Assessment System Expert/Administrator, with IT system support experience and affinity with working within an education/research institute. Within the education assessment area we are starting a SCRUM product team to help and support the business in assessment (innovation), this means we are responsible for the upkeep of assessment systems, support of teachers and other stakeholders and guidance during innovation projects on assessment. The SCRUM product team Assessment Support will be working on high stakes and fast paced projects and tasks in a dynamic and ever changing environment.
As an Assessment System Expert/Administrator, you’ll be working in the SCRUM product team Assessment Support, under the responsibility of the Product Area Education within the department of Library and Information Services, LIS. Within this product team, you will be working with various disciplines according to the agile SCRUM method and will be focusing on assessment IT support and innovation. You will not only be working closely together within the product team Assessment Support but also with other product teams within the field of education, project management, educationalists, architecture, privacy and security and of course business representatives from faculties and departments.
- Carry out preliminary investigations / analysis based on business needs and requirements.
- Upkeep and support on assessment tools (1st and 2nd line support).
- Keep in touch with the assessment coordinator and other business representatives.
- You are on the cutting edge of functional system knowledge and education and can translate educational needs into system functionalities/possibilities.
- Translate educational needs into functional requirements.
- Know the assessment systems inside-out and can translate this into support advice for teachers and/or other business representatives.
- Keep in touch with (technical) representatives from suppliers.
- Build and/or support the build of integrations between systems.
- Support innovation projects.
- Give input on requirements based on business needs.
- Assess impact analysis for Rfc (request for change) and BOOST (innovation) calls.
- Hand on guidance and support requests, applications and implementations of assessment projects.
- Alignment within team and other ICT colleagues and/or suppliers.
- Functioneel management of the assessment tools (system management).
Are you the hands-on expert with affinity for education, then we look forward to receive your application. Particularly, if you recognize the following characteristics in yourself:
- HBO / University work and thinking level.
- Proactive work approach.
- You familiarize yourself quickly with new systems and can be a technical sparring partner for suppliers.
- Process and conceptual thinker: Result-oriented, Analytical and critical.
- Experience working in a technical or educational environment.
- Systematic way of working.
- Hands on mentality and eager to learn new assessment systems in order to help the business.
- Organizational sensitivity.
- You familiarize yourself quickly with new tasks, you are independent.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Dutch and in English.
- Engaging team member with a proactive attitude, enthusiasm, customer and result oriented.
What do we offer?
An exciting position within an international yet personal university. You are right in the middle of the students, on a green campus within walking distance of the central station. We also offer you:
- A monthly salary of minimum € 3.098,- to maximum € 4.670,- for full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (salary scale 9-10 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition to vacation pay, also a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (one extra month).
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays or a sabbatical.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
- Upon starting, we initially offer a one-year contract, with the prospect of indefinite employment thereafter.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment. Build on your career at TU/e!
Informatie en sollicitatie
- Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to have more information about the function, please contact Renee Cornelissen (Business Information Analyst) via email@example.com
- For other questions about conditions of employment contact internal Recruiter Bas den Bakker via firstname.lastname@example.org or via tel. 06-512 06 442
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via the “Apply for this job” button.
In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have preference over external candidates.