2 Privacy officers
Privacy lawyer with knowledge of the research field
Data Management and Library
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic and knowledgeable Privacy Officers, with legal knowledge and preferably affinity with research. As a Privacy Officer, you are constantly looking for legal opportunities to enable our research and business operations in the GDPR compliant-manner. You are pragmatic, solution-oriented and flexible and able to support effectively our researchers and support staff on the privacy law.
You quickly get to the essence of legal issues in complex situations and know how to provide clear and directly applicable support and advice. In doing so, you will always keep an eye on the political relationships within the organization and our external collaborating partners (including leading international technology companies and hospitals in the region).
You will work on privacy issues and collaborate with other Privacy Officers, both within and outside the university. Examples of work include providing solution-oriented legal support within complex partnerships especially in the medical and non-medical research field, and all parts of business management. You will work independently on subjects ranging from research, education to business management, and know how to transcend case analysis to draw up an integral legal frameworks, and translate these frameworks back into practice.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain privacy legal frameworks and procedures such for example the data breaches procedure, data subject rights procedure, data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) procedure.
- Handle data breaches, data subject and WOB-requests.
- Advise and provide legal support in complex partnerships within research and business operations by helping to set up privacy agreements (e.g., data sharing, joint controller and processor agreements), perform data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and finalize informed consents forms.
- Draw up templates for the above-mentioned agreements and forms.
- Support the Senior Privacy Officer in preparing, developing, and implementing privacy policies.
- Support the Senior Privacy Officer in complex issues involving financial interests and/or of a political sensitive nature.
- Participate in various consultative structures and collaborative ventures within and outside the team, service and/or organization.
- Provide Privacy trainings to employees and students, and inform internal colleagues about the latest GDPR developments.
- You have completed a relevant legal degree at (preferably) university level and a privacy specialization, preferably a CIPP/E certification.
- You have experience in dealing with complex administrative, legal and privacy issues.
- knowledge and experience with the operational processes within a research-intensive environment where a lot of privacy sensitive data is used in research and shared with internal and external partners, is a plus
- You are accessible, pragmatic, flexible, analytical and are organizational sensitive.
- You can express yourself well, are critical and firm in the field of influence and are able to perform under pressure.
- You are client oriented and get energy from supporting and solving problems for both individuals and for the whole organization.
- You don't hesitate to take on a lot of responsibility and work simultaneously on a multitude of subjects and activities.
- You want to continue to develop personally and professionally and grow along with the ever-changing innovative university.
- You have a good knowledge of the English language, both orally and in writing, as the formal language of communication within the university is English. You are sufficiently proficient in Dutch to independently interpret and apply Dutch professional literature and jurisprudence in practice.
You will initially be appointed for a one-year period. Appointment via Euflex (the TU/e secondment organization) may be considered. If performance is good, this appointment may be made permanent. Full-time gross salary, depending on knowledge and experience, will be a minimum of € 2.836,- and a maximum of € 4.474,- (salary scale 10) or a minimum of € 3.807,- and a maximum of € 5.211,- (salary scale 11 CAO NU). The year-end allowance is 8,3% of the annual salary (corresponding to a monthly salary). The holiday allowance is 8% of the annual salary.
In addition, TU/e offers excellent secondary conditions of employment (e.g. day care for children, a minimum of 41 days of leave based on a 40-hour working week and excellent sports facilities).
Informatie en sollicitatie
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via the “Apply for this job” button. The closing date for this vacancy is January 7, 2022. However the selection process will start immediately after receiving your application.
In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have preference over external candidates.
An assessment and/or reference check may be part of the application procedure.
For more information you can contact one of the consultants of Euflex: Marijella van der Klugt 06-48457550, firstname.lastname@example.org of Cécile Gijsbers 06-51164692 email@example.com