PhD Student super resolution microscopy of drug delivery nanoparticles
The Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has the following vacancy: PhD Student Super resolution microscopy of drug delivery nanoparticles within the department of Biomedical Engineering (BME), V50.4278.
Faculteit Biomedische Technologie
About the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS):
The Institute for Complex Molecular Systems is an interdisciplinary institute at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) which brings excellent researchers from different areas together to promote cross-breeding of ideas across disciplines in the departments Biomedical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering. The institute aims to create and study biologically relevant functional structures with the ultimate goal of understanding the complexity of life.
We are searching for a young scientist who is interested to combine advance optical microscopy and nanoparticles. The function is part of the VIDI project of Dr. Lorenzo Albertazzi. You will learn to use super-resolution microscopy and apply it to study the nanoscale properties of nanoparticles. The objective is to use advanced methods such as STORM and PAINT super-resolution microscopy acquire new knowledge about the structure, function and dynamics of nanoparticles intended for use in biomedical applications such as drug-delivery. The project will benefit of international collaborations with groups active in the field of nanomaterials synthesis, characterization and their clinical applications.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who are in an MSc program or who already have an MSc degree, preferably in Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, or Nanotechnology. An interest in microscopy is required. Experience with nanoparticles study, quantitative imaging and image analysis would be an asset.
- A challenging job at a dynamic and ambitious University and in an enthusiastic team.
- An appointment (1 fte) as a PhD-student for four years, starting date: flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.
- Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), increasing from € 2325 per month initially, to € 2972 in the fourth year.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, end of the year allowance and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
- If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, we request you to use the button "Apply now".
- Your application can be addressed to Dr. Lorenzo Albertazzi. Applications must include all of the following: (i) a personal motivation letter, (ii) a Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of three references, (iii) transcripts of BSc and MSc degrees with all courses and grades, and (iv) a digital copy of BSc and MSc theses (if these are very large, you can send them by email).
- Only complete applications will be considered. Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.