University Teaching Fellow in Regenerative Medicine
Eindhoven University of Technology has the following vacancy University Teaching Fellow in Regenerative Medicine Vacancy: V50.3980 (1.0 fte) Department of Biomedical Engineering
Other academic staff
Department of Biomedical Engineering
TU/e is a University of Technology with a focus on Health, Energy, and Mobility. Within the Health area, several departments cooperate on topics such as Chemical Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Computational Biology, and Biosensing, with close links to healthcare and industry. TU/e is an open and inclusive university with short communication lines. The people are curious, collaborative, and strive for excellence. TU/e enables its academic staff to develop research and education at an internationally renowned level. Our lively campus community facilitates connections between staff and students, in an open, friendly, vibrant atmosphere that welcomes and inspires.
TU/e aims to increase diversity among its employees and encourages applications from under-represented groups; in particular, female scientists are encouraged to apply.
Biomedical Engineering-Cluster of Regenerative Medicine and Biomaterials
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research-driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling. The department has more than 800 students and up to 200 tenured and non-tenured employees.
See here for more information about the department, and here or more information about the current research programs.
We are looking for a Teaching Fellow: to run and organize part of the departmental educational program in cluster Regenerative Engineering and Materials. The candidate will be involved in coordinating courses, giving lectures, but also in making improvements in current courses and in establishing new education with innovative tools while encouraging students to actively participate in learning.
Depending on the activities, the candidate will be able to acquire the Basic Teacher Qualification (Dutch: BasisKwalificatieOnderwijs - BKO) during this period. The candidate is allowed to enrol in educational courses offered by TU/e, TEACH Programme to strengthen her/his educational proficiency.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Sciences or a related field.
- Demonstrable organizational talent.
- Drive to engage in top-level teaching by using innovative teaching tools.
- Connect students’ bachelor or master thesis related research to the cluster’s research programme.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent command of English (written/verbal).
Conditions of employment
What we offer:
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious University and an enthusiastic team.
- The temporarily appointment will be on a full-time basis (1.0 fte) starting with a contract for one year initially and after positive evaluation will be extended for a second year.
- The opportunity to develop yourself among others through obtaining UTQ-University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs).
- Salary will be based on your background and working experience and according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (CAO NU). Monthly gross salary ranges (on a full-time basis) is in the range of € 3.255 to € 4.274 (scale 10).
- Depending on resume and work experience a contract via EuFlex (the TU/e secondment organization) can be considered.
- Additionally, we offer a yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary and a yearly end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary. In addition we offer a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, flexible employment conditions, the possibility to participate in a collective health care plan, and other benefits (including savings schemes, child care and excellent on campus sports facilities).
Information and application
How to apply:
- One-page personal motivation letter including the candidate’s ambitions about teaching.
- CV including the names and contact details of two recent references.
Please keep in mind: you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.