The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Eindhoven is inviting applications for a university lecturer position in Data Management.
Other academic staff
Irène Curie Fellowship
Mathematics and Computer Science
Institutes and others
Data Science Center Eindhoven
The Database group (DB) in the Data and Artificial Intelligence Cluster (DAI) of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is seeking to expand its teaching capacity and is looking for a highly motivated university lecturer in Data Management. As a member of DB you will be part of a team dedicated to high-quality research and education: see our webpage (https://dai.win.tue.nl) for a brief overview of DB and DAI.
Your main tasks will be lecturing, teaching tutorials, assessing assignments and exams, supervising MSc projects, and developing new courses, including online educational material. You will be involved in teaching courses in the area of data management (relational databases, big data, data-intensive systems, etc.) and data-intensive AI. All courses at M&CS are taught in English.
You will spend 90% of your time on education and 10% of your time for research and administrative tasks. The position offers a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for teaching who also enjoy being part of a dynamic research environment.
Candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
- a PhD in computer science or related field, within data management systems
- experience in teaching at the Bachelor and Master level, including supervision of Master's projects
- hold or be willing to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch)
Successful candidates are also expected to demonstrate the following competences:
- broad general knowledge of computer and data science;
- excellent teaching skills, as evidenced by teaching experience and good evaluations;
- excellent command of English (written/verbal) at minimum C1 level; and
- familiarity with recent research trends in data management.
Conditions of employment
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university. The opportunity to develop yourself (e.g., through obtaining UTQ (BKO in Dutch)), and to conduct research and teaching as a part of the Databases group and the Data and AI cluster.
- A permanent appointment after an initial 1-year trial period. The starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.
- Salary and benefits of a Lecturer (UFO Lecturer 3 or 2) (based on a full time appointment), depending on experience and knowledge, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, (min. €4.332 max. €5.929).
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact the hiring manager prof.dr. George Fletcher, g.h.l.fletcher[at]tue.nl.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment. You can also contact HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
With your application please enclose:
- a cover letter describing the reasons for your interest in the position;
- a full academic curriculum vitae, including a list of publications;
- teaching statement (max two pages);
- a copy of your PhD certificate and a copy of your university teaching certificate (if available);
- teaching evaluations (if available)
- contact details of two or three references.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.