Two University Level Teachers Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is looking for two University Level Teachers (0.8 / 1 fte) Computer Science
Other academic staff
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is responsible for three Bachelor Level programs and four Master Level programs. Over the last few years, the number of students has increased significantly. Within the unique Bachelor College system of Eindhoven University, the Department also teaches two successful university-wide courses to 2000+ students. The Department is therefore seeking to expand its teaching capacity and is looking for highly motivated teachers in areas of computer science and/or data science.
Lecturers will be involved in the courses taught in English. All courses are taught by a team of instructors, so you can develop your skill and gain experience. Among the tasks are lecturing, teaching tutorials, assessing assignments and exams, and supervising students writing their bachelor or master thesis. Successful candidates will spend 80% of their time teaching while 20% is available for research and other tasks. Part of the teaching time can be used for innovation in teaching materials and methods (e.g. blended learning). The positions offer a great opportunity for candidates with teaching experience and/or who would like to gain experience in a dynamic, innovative teaching environment. We are looking for candidates who are team players with a passion for teaching and ideas for teaching students (with different backgrounds) in an innovative, interactive way.
Candidates should fulfil the following requirements:
- PhD in computer science, data science or related fields. Candidates who are close to completing their PhD thesis will also be considered.
- A drive to engage in top-level teaching and relevant teaching experience at the Bachelor and/or Master level. In addition, you have or are willing to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (BKO in Dutch) and you have good teaching skills, as evidenced by teaching experience and good evaluations.
- Excellent command of English (written/verbal) at minimum C1 level. The ability to speak or the willingness to learn Dutch is appreciated.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment and with students who have a natural science background.
- Be a team player and prepared to play an active citizenship role within the group you are working in.
- We invite in particular graduates of M&CS.
Conditions of employment
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university. The opportunity to develop yourself (a.o. through obtaining UTQ (‘BKO’)). The possibility to perform research in education innovation (technology-enhanced education, blended learning etc.).
- An appointment for initially 1 year with the possibility to extend to 4 years. The starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.
- A gross monthly salary of a Lecturer (UFO Lecturer 4 or 3) between € 2,709 and € 4,978 (based on a fulltime appointment), depending on experience and knowledge.
- A yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary. A yearly end of year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
Eindhoven University of Technology is an equal-opportunity employer and has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female employees. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Information and application
More information can be obtained from:
- About the positions: dr.ir. Marloes van Lierop (040-2473022), senior education policy officer, m.v.lierop[a]tue.nl.
- About the employment conditions: Marjolein Von Reth (040-2475722) or Arianne Boekema (040-2475812), HR Advisors of M&CS, pzwin[a]tue.nl.
If you are interested in this position, and you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. Please do not send us your applications by email.
Please upload the following (all in English):
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position.
- An extensive curriculum vitae including publication list and teaching evaluations (if any).
- A teaching statement
Please send us your application before September 6th, 2019.
Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the positions have been filled. If they fulfil the job requirements, internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.