Secretary (0,6 – 0,8 fte)
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Mathematics and Computer Science
The Department of Mathematics & Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) comprises the Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science domains.
Due to the growth of M&CS a vacancy has arisen for two secretaries (official job description is Management Office assistant) for both 0.6 fte – 0,8fte at the department secretariat.
As secretary, you will perform the following duties:
- You will be part of the M&CS department secretariat and provide secretarial support to the chairs of the appointment committees (BAC), being meticulous and able to keep a cool head during times of pressure.
- You are a champion in getting meetings organized with both internal as external invites even if it is hard to find room in everyone’s calendar.
- You provide process, administrative, hospitality services and/or organizational support to staff.
- You schedule and prepare various meetings, prepare papers and take minutes at various meetings (English language used) for example for the Department Council.
- You provide secretarial support to the chairs of the appointment and promotion committees (BAC), for this you also have regular contact with HR advise and recruitment. You take care of agenda management, organization of the meetings and administrative processing of the so called BAC’s, making sure everyone has the right documents at the right time, archiving and file creation. You contact the IFC secretaries to take minute of the BAC meetings but if needed, you take the minutes of the BAC meetings. You follow up action points.
- You support in the practical organization of introduction meetings for new employees, make room reservations, sending out invites, organize catering.
- In close cooperation with the colleagues of the management secretariat you provide support for the departmental bureau but specifically the adjunct director and BAC chair. You prepare, organize and report on meetings as well as monitoring and following up on action points.
- You welcome domestic and foreign visitors, arranging lunches, workplace and hotel accommodation if needed.
- You support the adjunct director in practical project administration (taking minutes, arranging meetings).
- HR and chairs of the BAC for logistical and practical support for (future) employees and guests with questions about the process of the BAC, overview of the meetings and dates and which information to provide project meetings administration, room reservations, etc.
- You are the contact person for finance, human resources, the department Council, PDO and facility services.
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic, committed, principled and independent team player who meets the following requirements:
- At least a VWO degree, supplemented by secretarial training and preferably several years' experience in a similar position.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written, is required, and command of the Dutch language is an asset.
- An independent and proactive working attitude.
- A true team player mentality with a flexible attitude.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- A service-oriented attitude, initiative and stress-resistant.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch language is a requirement
If you are concerned that you don’t meet all the requirements sufficiently, but the job does excite you, then be sure to respond, we would love to look at your profile.
Conditions of employment
An exciting position within an international yet personal university. You are right in the middle of the students, on a green campus within walking distance of the central station. Besides beautiful architecture, you will find varied workplaces and excellent sports facilities. We also offer you:
- A monthly salary of minimum € 2,402.= to maximum € 3,336.= for full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (scale 6 - 7 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition, you’ll get vacation pay, a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays or a sabbatical.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment. Build on your career at TU/e!
Information and application
TU/e is a leading international university that educates engineers of the future and pushes the boundaries of science and technology for a better world. An international community of close to 7,000 employees and 13,000 students work and study on the vibrant and inspiring campus.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to have more information about the position, please contact the hiring manager: Anjolein Gouma, e-mail A.Gouma[at]tue.nl.
For questions about the application process or the conditions of employment, please contact HR Services, hrservices.mcs[at]tue.nl
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
If you are interested, please use the ‘apply’ button to send us your CV and letter of application with your motivation and a description of your qualifications.
Screening of candidates begins as soon as applications are received and continues until the position is filled. Where applicable, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates where they are equally suitable.
We look forward to receiving your application!