Quality assurance officer (0.4 - 0.8 fte)
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
In this position, you will be part of the Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of the department of Industrial Design. The ESA ID team is responsible for the support of all education (bachelor and master programs). This includes setting up the curriculum and study schedule, providing quality assurance, policy advice, support for educational innovations and organization of education and, of course, academic advice.
Quality assurance plays a central role in the department and the university and relates to courses, study programs, educational innovation, and student satisfaction, among other things. The course and program evaluations have been strongly standardized in recent years and are administered centrally (using a web-based evaluation system). In the execution of your work, you will maintain contact with teachers, students, program and examination committees and the program management. Of course you will report the results. You will also participate in research into the effectiveness of educational programs, educational (learning) processes and projects aimed at innovation of education within the department. Important principles within this quality assurance position are: evaluating, improving, monitoring, reflecting and communicating. Due to the international character of the TU/e, reports are written and communicated in English. You will work closely with the departmental education development officers and the departmental policy officers.
- You conduct educational evaluations (data collection, processing and analysis, reporting and advising) using qualitative and quantitative methods;
- You use the results of educational evaluations (web-based and custom surveys) to identify bottlenecks in education;
- You prepare information and advice for, among others, the teaching staff, the program management, the capacity groups, the students and the program and examination committees regarding aspects of internal and external quality assurance;
- You will participate in educational innovation projects and organize qualitative research, for example panel discussions in consultation with departmental teaching assistants;
- You advise and supervise teachers on the design and implementation of effective education, in consultation with the departmental educational development officers;
- You represent the ID department in the TU/e-wide quality assurance consultations and, in this way, you contribute to the (feasibility of) the quality assurance policy at TU/e. You translate the university-wide quality assurance policy into the wishes and needs of the department;
- You support the program management with data/information related to the quality of education for accreditation processes;
- You monitor student and alumni satisfaction within the educational program;
- You may perform an analytical and consultative role in the examination committee;
- You have a role in writing and editing the annual quality assurance plan.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Holds a university degree, preferably with an educational background and affinity with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) education;
- Has knowledge of psychometric techniques, including for the preparation and analysis of questionnaires for teachers and students, related to the quality and optimization of educational processes;
- Is highly proficient in handling software packages to analyze and powerfully visualize various data from educational systems, for the purpose of quality assurance;
- Can prepare adequate reports at subject and program level through professional statistical analysis of the results of educational evaluations;
- Has well-developed analytical skills and is organization-sensitive;
- Is result-oriented and convincing in his/her communication and has a concise and accessible writing style;
- Is enterprising, curious, independent, communicatively strong and able to build bridges.
Conditions of employment
We offer you:
- A challenging job (0.4 - 0.8 fte*) in a dynamic department that is (inter)nationally acknowledged for its high-quality research and education;
- The salary will depend on your knowledge, experience and education, and will be a minimum of € 2.960 and a maximum of € 4.670 gross per month on a full-time basis (scale 10 Collective Labor Agreement for the Dutch Universities);
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, 41 days of holiday, holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December, and excellent sports facilities;
- An initial temporary appointment for a period of one year with the intention to convert this into a permanent contract at a mutual positive evaluation.
*Employment can be expanded based on additional tasks and responsibilities and availability of the candidate.
Depending on your CV and work experience, an appointment via EUFLEX (TU/e secondment agency) is possible.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Annaluisa Franco manager ESA ID, phone 0627903124, e-mail a.franco[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment click here or contact HR Industrial Design at hrservices.id[at]tue.nl.
Visit www.tue.nl/jobs for more information about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit your application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The vacancy will close August 21st. CV screening will take place until August 28th. Interviews will take place in the first week of September.