Program Manager PDEng Automotive Systems Design
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for a full time program manager within the Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) program Automotive Systems Design.
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
The Automotive Systems Design (ASD) program is one of about 20 technological design programs of the 4TU. School for Technological Design. The ASD program is organized by the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), in close cooperation with the departments of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, as well as with the TU/e High Tech Systems Center. The program is part of the Graduate program Automotive Systems and has two tracks, Automotive respectively Mechatronic Systems Design.
This Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) program is a two-year post-master’s program that qualifies students with an MSc degree in for instance Automotive, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems and Control, to become top-level professionals in the high tech industry. The program focuses on teaching its trainees to apply knowledge to solve real world problems, to know what knowledge is relevant, and to acquire missing knowledge fast. System thinking, project centered education, close cooperation with external partners from industry and research institutes, extensive training on soft skills, and personalized programs are central ingredients in the program. The second year is dedicated to a project in industry or research institutes, with a wide variety, ranging from a proof of concept to for instance developing new advanced driver assistance systems or innovative mechatronic applications.
The program has been highly successful so far, with much interest from students and industry. As of 2019, about thirty trainees participate in the program. During the 2-year program, the trainees are employees of the TU/e. Due to the upcoming retirement of the current program manager, we are looking for a successor.
The program manager will participate in:
- Guiding and coaching of PDEng trainees;
- Recruitment, selection, and appointment of PDEng trainees;
- Acquisition of projects and relation management with industry and research institutes;
- Further development of the educational program;
- Organization of workshops and other teaching activities;
- Cooperation with the scientific director, management assistant and steering group of the program, researchers and teachers, industrial partners, aiming at knowledge transfer and alignment with other educational programs.
For this position, we expect:
- An MSc./PDEng or PhD in a relevant engineering discipline;
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field in an educational or industrial context;
- A problem driven, engineering and design oriented attitude and approach;
- A strong interest in guiding and coaching students with a variety of cultural backgrounds;
- A strong interest and ability in cooperating with external partners;
- Proven experience with acquisition of projects and cooperation with industry
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, commitment and an entrepreneurial attitude.
Conditions of employment
- A challenging job in a dynamic and innovative environment;
- A full-time employment position as a Program manager. At first you receive a one year contract and after a positive evaluation of the first year a permanent contract will be considered; a part-time position (at least 0.6 fte) can be discussed.
- A gross monthly salary in the range of € 3,637.-- to € 5,656.-- on a full-time basis, corresponding with salary scale 11-12. Classification is based on background and working experience;
- An annual holiday allowance of 8%;
- An annual end of year allowance of 8.3%;
- A total of 41 days for holiday leave;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, child care and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
More information the PDEng program ASD can be found at:
More information about the content of the position can be obtained via dr. P.S.C. Heuberger (Program Manager ASD), e-mail: p.s.c.heuberger[at]tue.nl or A.D. Boekema (HR Advisor), e-mail: a.d.boekema[at]tue.nl.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please upload your motivation and CV (max. five files of max. 10 MB) via the "Apply for this job" button.