Product Owner - Student & Education Logistics Support (0,8 – 1,0 FTE)
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Library and Information Services
Are you an IT professional who wants to be challenged every day? At the TU/e, scientists and students continuously create the unthinkable. The strength of the IT landscape is their key to success and, hence, so are you. These creative minds expect you to offer them a solution for tomorrow that doesn’t exist today. Together we are building the high performance backbone that this epicenter of science and technology demands.
The service department Library and Information Services (LIS) is integral responsible for delivering support to the TU/e departments and other services. The service is subdivided in six Product Areas: Library and Open Science, Research, Education, Corporate, Data & Insights and Platforms.
For the product Area Education we are looking for a Product Owner (0,8 – 1,0 FTE) in the product team Student & Education Logistics Support.
As a Product owner you are foremost a member of the agile product team and therefore will work closely with the experts in the team and other teams in and outside LIS. This product team is integrally responsible for the maintenance and innovation of the Education supportive systems (Student Information System, Scheduling system, Student attendance system, Quality Assurance System, etc.) and for delivering service to the Educational domain. You are the representative of the product and you translate goals and objectives into work activities. You will prioritize the backlog of the team from a business perspective and streamline execution while maintaining the (technical) integrity of the functions and components.
You will work in close cooperation with the Product area lead Education and the Competence manager.
- Articulate and consistently emphasize the short- and long term vision of the product to the team and relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure strategic alignment of the product team to create a vision and define goals for developments products in the product portfolio;
- Own, build, prioritize, decide and refine the user stories in the team;
- Review and reprioritize the backlog as part of the preparatory work for iteration including coordinating content dependencies with other product owners;
- Be the primary communicator and link between stakeholders and the product team;
- Protect the long term (technical and/or domain) integrity of the product and ensuring that the quality is sufficient;
- Involve the team in backlog refinement to achieve minimum handover and maximum joint understanding;
- Understand the scope of the upcoming work and collaborate with the team members and others in the organization to assist with decision-making;
- Validate stories making so they meet the acceptance criteria and definition of done;
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint teams and retrospective.
- You have at least HBO / University work and thinking level, in the direction of ICT, computer science or comparable.
- You have at least 5 years of demonstrable relevant work experience in the domain of functional management.
- Strong and convincing Dutch and English communication skills.
- BiSL certified and wok experience in (academic) education environments is a plus;
- A high level of technical and domain knowledge and highly competent in translating business needs into executable actions that make sense and are of value to both, the business stakeholders and developers;
- Experience in acting as a primary contact person towards the team, showing agile leadership (act as a role model) and the ability to successfully interact with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels in the organization;
- Demonstrated the ability to produce results for the business through a combination of strong interpersonal and technical skills;
- Have a holistic viewpoint, be value oriented, see patterns and have the ability to inspire, motivate and build relationships with others in working towards a defined goal;
- Communicative and collaboration oriented and adaptive to the extent of being an excellent navigator in conflicts of interest and aiding the team in having the right focus;
- Capacity to create an environment that can create a high performance product team that drives the resolution forward;
- Clearly communicate the targets that are required to let the product team succeed. So the experts in the team spend their time productively.
Conditions of employment
An exciting position within an international yet personal university. You are right in the middle of the students, on a green campus within walking distance of the central station. We also offer you:
- A monthly salary of minimum € 3.974,- to maximum € 5.439,- for full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (salary scale 11 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition to vacation pay, also a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (one extra month).
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays or a sabbatical.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
- Upon starting, we initially offer a one-year contract, with the prospect of indefinite employment thereafter.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment. Build on your career at TU/e!
Information and application
- Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to have more information about the function, please contact Miguel Van Herck - Bressers (Product area Lead Education): email@example.com or 040 - 247 6336
- For other questions about conditions of employment contact internal Recruiter Bas den Bakker via firstname.lastname@example.org or via tel. 06-512 06 442
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via the “Apply for this job” button.
In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have preference over external candidates.