Postdoc position in Artificial Intelligence applied to Education
We invite applications for a 1.5-year postdoc position in artificial intelligence applied to education at Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. The successful candidate will work on the development of machine learning methods to create an Automated Prognostic Student Progress Monitoring System. Depending on the candidate's preference and background, the project may also focus on the application of ML/AI in broader areas of electrical engineering.
The postdoc project will be carried out in the Electrical Energy Systems group under the supervision of dr. Ramiro Serra. The group is part of the Department of Electrical Engineering.
We are looking for a motivated candidate with
- a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or a related subject.
- affinity with educational science, computer simulations, and/or machine learning methods, as well as good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- the ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 1.5 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
dr. Ramiro Serra at r.serra[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HRServices.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way. Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.