Postdoc DayTime and BigMedilytics
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher at the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics of the Eindhoven University of Technology in the fields of machine learning. The researcher will work in the on the DayTime and BigMedilytics projects.
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Data Science Center Eindhoven
Daytime stands for Digital Lifecycle Twins for Predictive Maintenance. The objective of the Daytime project is to demonstrate the applicability of Industry 4.0 and in particular DayTime innovations beyond traditional productions plants into the hospitals and the home by treating healthcare equipment as means or tools for production.
Healthcare encompasses both capital intensive equipment in hospitals and smart consumer products at homes. In either case reliable mapping of user interaction into system response is crucial in supporting the customer to optimally operate the product. DayTime will enable manufacturers to transform into digital service provides giving advice tailored to the user. This advice will be based on actual system status and usage combining digital twin concepts with user/usage profiling. The advice encompasses suggestions to improve performance, reduce wear and tear and provide instructions to improve longevity or pro-actively deliver maintenance as service.
The TU/e will focus on knowledge valorization by creating and translating research results into successful innovations, working together with the consortium partners, especially with Philips Research and Philips Magnetic Resonance business on the topics of predictive and reactive maintenance by applying data science and artificial intelligence technologies.
An extensive project description is available on request.
TASKS of the post-doctoral researcher:
- carry out research within the project, in cooperation with the other parties involved;
- report on the results in project deliverables, papers and conference contributions;
- a small contribution to the teaching activities of the Computer Science Faculty may be asked.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- A PhD degree in computer science, information science or related fields (mathematics or electrical engineering);
- A research oriented attitude;
- Solid publication record and accomplishments in machine learning and or artificial intelligence;
- Knowledge and practical experience in at least one of the following areas: NLP, text mining, machine learning, and knowledge management;
- Solid programing skills (e.g. java);
- Knowledge of Phyton, R Tensorflow, and/or similar languages/tools;
- Ability to work in a team, interest in collaborating with the industrial partners;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Conditions of employment
- A full-time temporary appointment for at least 2 years (with a potential of extension / promotion).
- Close collaboration with an industrial partner (Philips).
- Salary in accordance with CAO of the Dutch universities.
- Support for your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits, including excellent technical infrastructure, child care, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities, extra holiday allowance (8%, May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3%, December).
- Foreign applicants may benefit from the 30% tax regulation in order to get a higher net salary, when granted.
Information and application
For more information about the project, please contact Prof. dr. Milan Petkovic, e-mail: m.petkovic[at]tue.nl
For information about employment conditions please contact Human Resources at TU/e, e-mail: pzwin[at]tue.nl
The application should consist of the following parts:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- List of publications and software artifacts developed;
- Proof of English language skills (if applicable)
If you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply for this job'-button at the top of this page (applications via e-mail will not be accepted).
You can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine documents.