Policy Officer Education (0,6 fte)
The department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences is looking for a Policy Officer Education IS
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research, we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond. TU/e maintains close links with industry, healthcare and the building and logistics sectors.
You will be part of the department’s team of Education and Student Affairs, which provides a wide range of services to support education:
- Academic advisement to students
- Teacher support to educational innovation
- Educational quality assurance
- Student and study administration
- Support to the exam committees
- Educational policy
As an educational policy officer, you will work closely with the program directors. You will also work with educational policy officers from other departments. Within our department you will be part of the IE&IS policy & coordination team.
- Advise the Departmental Board on educational issues with focus on mid- and long-term perspectives;
- Translate strategical and tactical university policy and regulation into departmental education policy and regulation, and policies on topics such as quality assurance, assessment, and internationalization;
- Contribute to yearly reports and regulations, such as the Program and Examination Regulations of each educational program and the annual reports on education;
- Support and advise the program directors and coordinate educational programs;
- Advise and contribute to the annual strategic agenda on educational matters: propose themes to be included in the strategic agenda;
- Prepare external audits, i.e. prepare documentation for the regular educational accreditation committees;
- Maintain relevant university contacts and networks on an (inter)national level (VSNU).
- You are in the possession of at least a MSc degree in a field relevant to this position (preferably in educational science) and wants to develop further in this field;
- You have at least 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in an institute for higher education;
- You have affinity with the field of Innovation Sciences;
- You have knowledge and experience in policy making;
- You have highly developed analytical and conceptual skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are a proven initiator of projects and able to supervise and finish projects;
- You can organize and create a broad basis for support in a convincing manner;
- You are experienced in translating various mindsets and interests towards a consistent and uniform policy;
- You have good organizing and planning skills;
- You are proficient in English (C1 level) in terms of oral communication and has a concise and accessible writing style in both languages;
- You are service and result oriented.
Conditions of employment
- A parttime (0,6 fte) position with a gross month salary in the range of € 2.790,- and € 5.127,- (Policy Advisor, scale 10/11 ) based on your education and experience.
- A temporary contract for one year. It is our intention to convert this temporary contract to permanent employment after one year, conditional on good performance and unchanged economic circumstances.
- Free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Besides that, we offer an annual holiday allowance of 8%, an annual end of the year bonus of 8,3%, a total of 41 days of paid holiday leave and a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes, child care and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact dr. Marjan Vrijnsen – De Corte, manager ESA, m.vrijnsen[at]tue.nl, or +31 40 247 7358.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth, HR advisor, HRServices.IEIS[at]tue.nl or 31 40 247 4465.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position and your curriculum vitae.
The vacancy will be advertised internally and externally at the same time, internal candidates have priority over external candidates.
The first round of interviews will be held in the week of 5 to 9 July 2021. If selected, based on your CV and motivation letter, you will be invited for one of these dates.
The second round of interviews will be held from 13 to 16 July 202. If selected, based on the first round, you will be invited for one of these dates and asked to prepare a short presentation related to our field.