PhD Position on IoT Security and Privacy
A PhD Candidate position is open at the Eindhoven University of Technology, within the Security (SEC) Group, on the topic of Security and Privacy of Internet of Things (IoT) systems. The candidate will work on the design of secure and privacy-preserving communication schemes for IoT applications..
Mathematics and Computer Science
The Security Group (SEC) at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is looking for talented candidates to conduct a PhD on the topic of privacy and security in Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
The PhD candidate will work on design, development, and testing of security solutions for communications in heterogeneous Internet of Things (IoT) scenarios, with a focus on solutions that the preserve the privacy of the interesting parties.
The candidate will also work in the framework of INTERSCT, a long-term project funded by the NWO with 10 billion euros, for the duration of 10 years (see https://intersct.nl/). The Project offers a large community of collaborating Dutch and European partners, both from industrial and academia. An extensive project description is available on request.
This is an unique opportunity to work with heterogeneous experts in the security and privacy domain, coming from Academia and Industry, in an exciting and multi-faceted work environment.
- carry out research activities on Security and Privacy of IoT systems
- develop tools and proof-of-concepts based on research activities
- publish results in top-notch international conferences and journals
- contribute to research within the INTERSCT project, in cooperation with the other parties involved
- develop and maintain the tools required by the project, in cooperation with the other parties involved
We are looking for a talented candidate who meets the following requirements:
- a Master's Degree with excellent grades in a relevant topic, e.g., Computer Science (we will consider also applications from students that are about to finish their Master s);
- a research-oriented attitude, demonstrated through the interest in understanding how real technology works and how real products can be improved;
- solid background knowledge of computer networks and network security;
- good communicative skills in English, both written and oral;
- ability to work autonomously on well-defined tasks and in a team, to collaborate with the industrial partners;
- prior scientific experience in conference/journal papers is a plus;
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for four years, starting from September 2021 (Max), with an intermediate evaluation (go/no-go) after nine months.
- To develop your teaching skills, you will spend 10% of your employment on teaching tasks.
- To support you during your PhD and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will make a Training and Supervision plan and you will have free access to a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program).
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called ‘30% facility’, which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
dr. Savio Sciancalepore, s.sciancalepore[at]tue.nl, with the heading 'PhD Student Position on Security and Privacy of IoT Systems'.
For information about terms of employment, click here or HRServices.MCS[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- a motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position,
- a detailed CV (resume), and
- an academic transcript of BSc and MSc education, including grades.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.