Operational security officer (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Operational security officer (0.8 -1.0 FTE)
At the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Information Management & Services
Wouldn’t it be great to work for the world champion of robot soccer, a place where we develop the health care robots that are going to change the way we work and live in the future? A place where we are researching and developing new ways of sustainable energy sources. Where fundamental research takes place on how to cure incurable diseases. Or maybe the area of autonomous cars is what makes your heart beat faster. All of these, and many other, technologies and innovations need a secure ICT environment to work well. Sounds cool? Read on!
Information security is a high-priority topic. Our research (and other) data is as open as possible and protected where it needs to be confidential. Where the accountability lies with the management of the university, and each individual (student or staff) has their own role. We are building a new Security Operations team which will have advisory, mitigating and auditing responsibilities. Reporting to the manager ICT this team will translate, our security guidelines from our Corporate Information Security Officer (CISO) to tactical and operational activities.
The operational security officer we are looking for is able to apply information security in all ICT domains, for example applications (including cloud-based applications), management systems, databases, networks, servers, websites, etc. The new colleague is therefore a generic specialist in the area of information security rather than within one specific domain. The operational security officer tasks are proactive as well as reactive in nature.
The operational security officer tasks include:
- identifying threats in good time and anticipating and contributing to the mitigation or prevention of threats;
- Help make the ICT department more security aware;
- following developments in this regard and identifying their significance for the university;
- drawing up policy with reference to technical security and helping to make the choices this policy dictates when it comes to implementation;
- drawing up security recommendations and measures;
- drawing up the security section in the Project Start Architectures;
- formulating and maintaining security processes and procedures;
- Enforcement of the implemented security processes and measures;
- compiling security reports, among others for management;
- Security monitoring
- Penetration testing an vulnerability scanning
Profile we are looking for:
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude;
- Take initiative, be creative and flexible;
- Able to make decisions;
- Collaboration skills;
- Able to work independently and prioritize your own work;
- Security & customer focused;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Someone who thrives in a research environment.
- Bachelor or higher educational level;
- CISM, CISSP or SSCP certified
- Familiar with working according to project methods (e.g. Prince2)
- Being familiar with ISO27001
- Knowledge of AVG/GDPR/CloudAct;
- You are a team player, but you are also able to operate independently;
- Well developed organizational sensitivity and pleasant discussion partner with empathy;
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
Conditions of employment
- A challenging full-time appointment in a dynamic and ambitious university;
- The position comes with a very attractive job package that features benefits including pension subsidence, ample vacation days (41) and a fixed end-of-year bonus (8,3%);
- A competitive monthly salary depending on knowledge and experience;
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical infrastructure, the possibility of child care and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
- Want to know more about this vacancy? Please contact Patrick van Kessel (p.p.a.v.kessel[at]tue.nl), Manager ICT tel. +31 40 - 247 6335.
- More information about the TU/e or the conditions of employment can be found at http://www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the ‘apply now’-button.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated