Competence Manager (1.0 fte)
Is your background in the field of resources management, people development, in staffing or similar? Do you also come from an Information Management / IT related environment? Then have a look at this job opportunity. At the University of Eindhoven we are looking for two Competence Managers!
Non academic staff (supporting staff)
Irène Curie Fellowship
Information Management and Services,
Data Management and Library
As a Competence Manager you are responsible for personnel management and competencies development of all professionals in the product teams you are responsible for. This development will be driven by a strategic vision on future competences and a programmatic approach towards achieving this. Due to the separation between Product Area Leads and Competence Managers, personnel management and competencies development are not wiped-out during service provision but will receive much dedicated attention from the Competence Manager. The Competence Manager is the liaison between the Product Area Lead and the Product Owner regarding the staffing of the teams so that operational stability is guaranteed. In consultation with the Product Area Lead, the Competence Manager assigns employees to a product team.
You as Competence Manager are the first point of contact for the professionals in your area and you are responsible for guiding and coaching the professionals, so that they continue to develop and grow with the organization, so that they are up to their task now and in the future.
- You are the first point of contact for the professionals in your area and responsible for the daily management of the professionals within two product areas you are responsibly for. Your management scope will be around 50 skilled professionals, at different levels in their careers;
- In close collaboration with Product Area Leads and Product Owners, you determine the HR staffing needs within various product teams, and together you are responsible for successfully operating product teams;
- As a Competence Manager you will identify which skills the individual professionals needs to have, or will need to have developed, to perform successfully in their position. As a follow up you are responsible to arrange necessary training, coaching and mentoring of the professionals in their career development, so that they are up to their task now and in the future;
- You nurture the “we culture” within the product areas you are responsible for, to enhance team work;
- You initiate recruitment activities, both for permanent positions and for temporary recruitment;
- You are member of the DML/IMS (Data Management & Library and Information Management & Services) management team and as such you will participate in DML/IMS wide initiatives.
- You offer a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree, combined with relevant experience;
- Displaying dynamic leadership working with Product Area Leads throughout the organization role-modelling innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, growth and success;
- Understanding and clearly communicate the values and skills that are required to succeed in a role/ position to the professionals in the area. So they spend their time productively and mastering the required skills.
- You show senior agile leadership, act as a role model and you have the ability to successfully interact with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels in the organization;
- You are a self-starter, customer-oriented and you know how to build bridges within an organization in transition to an agile product-oriented organization;
- Capacity to create an environment that foster high performance teams that drives the resolution forward;
- Acting with a strong sense of structure and rigidity balanced with having a pragmatic approach;
- Communicative and collaboration oriented, with an ability to develop trust among stakeholders;
- Strong convincing communication skills in Dutch and English.
Conditions of employment
An exciting position within an international yet personal university. You are right in the middle of the students, on a green campus within walking distance of the central station. Besides beautiful architecture, you will find varied workplaces and excellent sports facilities. In addition, we also offer you:
- A monthly salary of minimum €4.814,- to maximum €6.181,- for full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (scale 12 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities);
- In addition to vacation pay, a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3% (13th month);
- A favorable arrangement for more holidays or a sabbatical - e.g. 41 holiday days when working 40 hours a week;
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits;
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance;
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching;
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet;
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
Information and application
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to have more information about the position, or for questions about the application process or the conditions of employment, please contact Bas den Bakker (Recruiter TU/e), via b.a.d.bakker[@]tue.nl or via 06-51206442
If you are interested, please fill in the interest registration form and send us your motivation letter attached with a recent CV.
We look forward to receiving your application!
And should you be concerned about not meeting all job requirements sufficiently, but the job does excite you, then don’t hesitate to respond, we are pleased to look at your profile.
Screening of candidates starts as soon as applications are received and continues until the vacancy is filled. If applicable, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates in case of equal suitability.