Assistant Professor (1,0 fte) in Circular Supply Chains
Are you an excellent researcher in the field of Operations Management, fascinated and inspired by the challenges in industry? We are looking for an Assistant Professor with such skills and interests.
Irène Curie Fellowship
Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences
Today we are seeing that many sectors in industry including manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, transportation, retail and services, are being transformed by fast developments in digital, automation, manufacturing and robotic technologies. These developments ask for smart decision making at strategic, tactical and operational levels, bringing increased speed and output by using the same or even fewer scarce resources. As Assistant Professor your main challenge is to develop novel methods in Operations Management that are relevant to these exciting challenges in industry. In particular, we are looking for an Assistant Professor, who is interested to initiate, perform and supervise high-quality research in the area of Circular Supply Chains.
As a successful candidate, you will contribute to the Operations Planning, Accounting & Control (OPAC) group, which traditionally has a strong presence in application domains such as logistics, maintenance, manufacturing, and supply chain. You are expected to initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research, and teach and co-develop courses in Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering. You will collaborate with other experts in the OPAC group and in the department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences. In that way you will benefit from collaboration with experts in diverse areas, as well as from the strong ties the department maintains with industry.
- PhD in industrial engineering research, or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- An extensive network of companies with whom you can collaborate.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, a tailor-made career proposal will be considered.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and partner career support.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is like as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact Dr. Zumbul Atan (z.atan[at]tue.nl).
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment.
You can also contact HRServices.IEIS[at]tue.nl.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e?
Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.