Assistant/Associate Professor – Chemical Biology
Are you a scientist who would like the challenge of addressing contemporary biomedical challenges via innovative organic chemistry-based approaches? We are expanding our expertise and have a new position within the Chemical Biology Cluster of our Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME). This could be your next new exciting career opportunity!
The position will be embedded within the Laboratory of Chemical Biology and the Institute for Complex Molecular systems (ICMS). You have a strong organic chemistry focused approach to chemical biology. Applications for your research could lie in drug discovery, probe development, peptide chemistry, and alike, but we also encourage you to apply when your research centers around a molecular systems approach to chemical biology. Integration of different hierarchic levels in your molecular design and analysis, as well as forefront technological adaptation are strongly desired.
As a newly appointed faculty member, you will be working in the Chemical Biology Cluster at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important as you will develop and teach courses at both undergraduate and graduate level. You will be involved in supervising Bachelor, Master, PDEng, and PhD candidates.
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD and preferably strong postdoctoral experience or already some years as an independent academic in organic chemistry, chemical biology or, a closely related discipline.
- You have a strong background in organic chemistry combined with for example drug discovery, protein engineering, polymer chemistry, nanomedicine, bionanotechnology, or structural biology
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis and publications in high impact journals.
- Ability to teach or, assist in the teaching process, shown by experience as well as positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or, industry is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Conditions of employment
- A Tenure Track for an Assistant/Associate Professor to build a research line.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is like as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof.dr.ir. Luc Brunsveld, +31 40 247 2870 or email (l.brunsveld[at]tue.nl).
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
Please include with your application:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.