Two PhD Students in Deep Learning for Medical Image Analysis (V50.2911)
Two PhD Students in Deep Learning for Medical Image Analysis
The Medical Image Analysis Group (IMAG/e) at Eindhoven University of Technology is looking for candidates for two open PhD positions in deep learning for medical image analysis. The positions are embedded in a large consortium of Dutch medical image analysis and machine learning research groups, university medical centers and industry. The goal of the consortium is to achieve breakthroughs in medical image analysis using deep learning as the underlying technology.
In the course of their work, the PhD students will develop deep learning methods that work with weakly labeled medical image data. The results from this work will make it possible to efficiently use medical expert knowledge, and take advantage of the large amounts of available data in medical image archives. The developed methods will be applied for cancer prognostication from histopathology images and early detection of disease from retina images. The work will be performed in close collaboration with medical (UMC Utrecht, Maastricht UMC) and industry (Philips Research) partners.
- Relevant master degree with excellent grades in one of the following fields: biomedical engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics
- Strong interest in image analysis, machine learning or computer vision
- Excellent programming skills
- Good communications skills and fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability and interest to work in a team
The following experience will be considered a significant advantage:
- Participation in machine learning or image analysis challenges
- Contribution to open source projects
Conditions of employment
- A challenging job at a dynamic and ambitious University and in an enthusiastic team.
- An appointment (1 fte) as a PhD-student for four years, starting date: as soon as possible.
- Additional education at PhD level is offered (DISC)
- Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), increasing from € 2191 per month initially, to € 2801 in the fourth year.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, end of the year allowance, travel to conferences and sport facilities.
Information and application
The application contains, at least:
- a brief letter motivating your interest in the position,
- a detailed curriculum vitae,
- transcripts of academic records indicating courses taken (including grades),
- half-page summary of your MSc thesis.
Screening of applications will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
- More information about the Medical Image Analysis group can be found via this link: www.tue.nl/image. Questions regarding the academic content of the position you can direct to Dr Mitko Veta (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other information can be obtained from Lonneke van Luxemburg, HR department, (email: email@example.com)