Tenure-track Assistant Professor, Nano-Electronic Digital Circuits and Systems (V36.2851)
Tenure-track Assistant Professor, Nano-Electronic Digital Circuits and Systems
Tenure-track Assistant Professor position, Nano-Electronic Digital Circuits and Systems
Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering, Electronic Systems group
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a world-leading research university specializing in engineering science & technology. The Department of Electrical Engineering is responsible for research and education in Electrical Engineering. The discipline covers technologies and electrical phenomena involved in computer engineering, information processing, energy transfer and telecommunication. The department strives for societal relevance through an emphasis on the fields of smart sustainable systems, the connected world and care & cure. The TU/e is the world’s best-performing research university in terms of research cooperation with industry (#1 since 2009).
Electronic Systems group at the TU/e
The Electronic Systems (ES) group consists of six full professors, two associate professors, eight assistant professors, several postdocs, about 30 PDEng and PhD candidates and support staff. The ES group is world-renowned for its design automation and embedded systems research. It is our ambition to provide a scientific basis for design trajectories of electronic systems, ranging from digital circuits to cyber-physical systems. ES research is organized in three subprograms that cover the engineering, system and circuit perspectives: Model-driven engineering, smart electronic systems, and digital nano-electronics. The group is strongly involved in the electrical engineering bachelor and master programs of the TU/e, as well as in the automotive bachelor program and the embedded systems master program. The group has excellent infrastructure that includes individual computers, compute servers, state-of-the-art FPGA and GPU farms, sensor- and ad-hoc networking equipment, a cyber-physical systems lab, an electronics lab and a comprehensive range of electronic-design software. ES has strong collaborations with industry, research institutes and other universities. Eleven of its staff members have a second affiliation besides their TU/e-ES affiliation. The ES group has been very successful in attracting funding for its research through national and international projects and collaborations (EU programs: H2020, ITEA, CATRENE, ECSEL, Artemis, Marie Curie; national programs: STW, RVO, contract research), for a total budget of around 2M euro per year. The ES group is a multicultural team, with staff members of eight different nationalities and students from all over the world.
Nano-Electronic Digital Circuits and Systems
Nano-scale integration of electronics leads to many challenges and opportunities in terms of performance, reliability, power dissipation and cost of digital circuits and systems. Achieving the right tradeoffs between these aspects for various applications in a controlled way is a fundamental challenge. You are expected to conduct high-quality academic research in the area of digital nano-electronics, resulting in publications in top conferences and scholarly journals. In doing so, you impact developments that influence a large amount of the general public.
We expect this position to close the gap between embedded computer architectures and VLSI integration, with Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet of Things as the main application domains. You will teach courses at the bachelor and/or master levels (in English), and you will be involved in supervising Bachelor, master, PDEng, and PhD candidates. You are expected to acquire external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry. You should play an active role in the ES group, and participate in international academic networks and organizations.
We are looking for candidates that add value to the ES group and match the following profile:
- A PhD in electrical engineering or any other relevant program from a leading university, specializing in digital electronics.
- Hands-on experience in circuit design and the realization of working circuits.
- Postdoc and/or industrial experience.
- Clearly demonstrated research profile by means of publications in leading conferences and journals.
- Ability to develop an internationally recognized and independent academic position.
- A team player that enjoys to work in multidisciplinary multicultural teams.
- Affinity with the profile of the Electronic System group.
- Teaching experience and willingness to contribute to teaching in bachelor and master programs.
- Good communication and didactical skills.
- Excellent English language skills (writing, presenting and teaching). Proficiency in Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch.
- Experience in supervision of (BSc, MSc and PhD) students.
- Preferably, a track record in defining and attracting research projects and funding.
Conditions of employment
We offer a position in a research group with an excellent reputation. Assistant professors are appointed in a tenure track for five years with a perspective to reach a tenured position. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, including:
- A gross monthly salary between EUR 3427,- and EUR 5330- maximum, based on the applicant’s experience.
- Additionally, 8% holiday and 8.3% end-of-year annual supplements.
- A minimum of 41 holidays per year (excluding bank holidays, for a full-time employment of 40 hrs/week)
- Additional benefits, including excellent technical infrastructure, child care, holiday savings schemes, and sports facilities.
- Enrollment in management development and teaching qualification programs designed for assistant professors.
- Mentoring program to stimulate the professional and personal development.
Information and application
. For more information on the position, please contact prof.dr.ir. Twan Basten, chair of the Electronic Systems group (email@example.com, http://www.es.ele.tue.nl/~tbasten).
. For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, see https://www.tue.nl/universiteit/werken-bij-de-tue/ or contact Mr. Paul Hulsen HR advisor P.H.W.Hulsen@tue.nl, tel. +31 40 247 4869).
If you are interested in working in an exciting, dynamic, high-tech environment, where you will contribute in creating added value for the society of the future. Then apply through the button on top of this page ('apply now') and upload an extended curriculum vitae, a well-motivated application letter, and the three publications that you consider your most valuable work so far.
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.