Post-Master PDEng Trainee Information and Communication Technology (V36.2877)
Post-Master PDEng Trainee Information and Communication Technology
Are you ready for a two year training program while at the same time receiving a salary? Would you like to be a member of the next generation technological designers of high-tech systems? Do you like to work in an international, multidisciplinary team of professional experts for the next two years ? Would you like to apply your innovative, creative ideas in developing future industrial top products or develop yourself towards a System Architect? Then you should consider starting as a PDEng trainee at TU/e and gain a head start on your fellow Master students!
Each year the Department of Electrical Engineering offers (maximum) 20 excellent candidates the chance to follow a two-year Post-Master Designer Program leading towards a “Professional Doctorate in Engineering” (PDEng). During the traineeship you follow an individual program, consisting of (a.o.) courses, assessments and (industrial) projects, deepening the theoretical knowledge gained during your university studies. Your (individual) professional development is an essential topic over two years. You will apply all knowledge gained in arge-scale multidisciplinary design projects, preferably in-company . You build up a valuable network in the business community and can count on professional supervision from both the university and industry. Your individual training scheme is customized to your personal and professional skills, as well as the demands of the final project.
The second part of the programme consists of a design project, preferably in industry. The project takes twelve months, and in some cases is spread over two years. These are challenging projects with a high reality value that are aimed at the development of your design engineers' abilities. In the project, a specific design objective must be reached within a restricted period of time and with limited means. In accordance with the supervising professor the candidate will be given the opportunity to gather specialized knowledge for the design project already in the first year of your Traineeship. You will be coached by experienced design engineers from industry and/or by TU/e staff with clear and relevant design experience. You will acquire independence and learn to make choices and work well in a project-based manner.
The program is open to M.SC student for top technical universities. candidates should have completed (or will complete shortly) a post B.Sc. scientific study programme of at least two years in the area of Electrical Engineering, Broadband Telecommunication Technologies, Smart Energy Technology, Care and Cure, Automotive, Technical Physics Informatics(a.o.) recently. He/she should have:
- High affinity with the design of high-tech systems for industrial applications. Challenging application-driven research and generating innovative ideas is an essential part of this process.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to collaborate with members of a team is of paramount importance.
To guarantee the quality of the program, we apply strict selection criteria. Candidates must be among the top 15 % of their discipline. Next to excellent grades, proven own contributions during the Final Master Project, motivation, personality, and clear view of their professional future is essential.
Conditions of employment
We offer a fulltime temporary appointment for the period of 2 years. This is a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university and a stimulating internationally renowned research environment with a strong collaboration with industry. Participants will receive a gross monthly salary of € 1.749. Moreover 8% bonus share (holiday supplement) and end year allowance is provided annually. Assistance for finding accommodation can be given. The university offers an attractive package of fringe benefits such as excellent technical infrastructure, child care, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities.
Information and application
For more general information about the PDEng traineeship, please visit our website:
Applicants are requested to upload (PDF files in black and white preferred):
- a well-motivated Letter of Application including your ideas about your professional future
- An extended curriculum vitae.
- Copies of your original B.Sc and M.Sc diplomas, certificates, lists of subjects and your results, as well as their certified (English) translations. In case your Master Transcript is not available yet, please ask your Students’ Office to provide a preliminary one.
- Copy of your Final B.Sc and M.Sc projects including English abstracts and (if applicable) published papers (PDF files). In case your Final M.Sc Report is not available yet, please send a project description.
- At least two formal letters of recommendation and originally signed.
- The results of your IELTS test. The minimum requirement is an average result of 6.5, whereas none of the sub-results should be less than a score of 6.
Applications can be sent in at any given time and even well in advance of graduation. However, we encourage to apply before December 31st (to be admitted September 1st) or May 31st (to be admitted January 15th). To apply, please use the 'apply now'-buttons at the top or at the end of this page.
After a pre-selection formal (non-)technical interviews have to be arranged with:
- Members of the Program’s Management Team.
- Proposed (TU/e) supervisor(s).
- Staff members of Human resources department (HR)
- Staff members of proposed industrial partners willing to (financially) support candidates’ traineeship.
Only in case all partners involved do agree a PDEng Traineeship will be offered.