Postdoc on Globalization and Technology (0.9 fte) (V39.2896)
Postdoc on Globalization and Technology (0.9 fte)
In this position you will be part of the team working on innovation dynamics in the global south at TU/e’s Technology, Innovation and Society group. The position is multi-facetted and you will contribute to both teaching and research development in this area.
One of the activities will include course development work. TIS is developing a large new course on global innovation dynamics. The course will include new and innovating teaching methods. Your part will be to help identify, map and tailor-make relevant approaches for the course.
You will also be involved in TIS’ teaching activities. Amongst others you will play a major role in one of TIS’ flagship courses on Sustainability in a global context. The activities include both lecturing and organizing more interactive-sessions.
Strengthening the research lines on global innovation dynamics will be another important part of your work. You will be chiefly involved in the design and the writing of (at least 3) funding proposals (national and international funding sources). In the development of research lines we are open to your own expertise and interests, but have a special interest in energy, urban development and health issues. The position also offers you the possibility to work on your own unfinished research that you still aim to publish.
The position offers a great opportunity for candidates with expertise in and passion for global innovation dynamics and who would like to explore this further by engaging in both research and teaching development.
We are looking for a candidate who is a team-player with an open-mind and the capacity to think out of the (academic) box, is proactive and solution-oriented.
The candidate has:
- A PhD (or is expected to receive that degree within a few months)in Science and Technology Studies, Human Geography, Transition Studies, Sociology, Development Studies, or any other relevant (social science) discipline;
- Previous experience with subjects related to innovation dynamics in the global South, particularly in the sectors energy, urban development, health;
- Excellent communication skills and written/verbal knowledge of the English language;
- Teaching experience in a relevant social science discipline;
- Experience in developing/using innovative teaching methods is a plus.
Conditions of employment
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university.
- Employment by the Eindhoven University of Technology, for 0.9 fte.
- A position for a period of 15 months
- The gross monthly salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities (scale 10), depending on your experience.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, childcare, moving expenses, sports facilities, an extra holiday allowance (8%, May), and an end-of-year bonus (8.3% December).
Information and application
Questions regarding the academic content of the position can be directed to Dr. J.I. Höffken, (email@example.com).
Starting date: As soon as possible